What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Out of state shoppers  (Read 4276 times)

PoolandSpatech

Out of state shoppers
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:05 am »
I can understand when you really want a brand of tub and your local dealer cannot get it, so you call out of state and start looking.  But whats the deal with people that want a brand thats avalible around your location, but "can get it out of state cheaper"??
do these people realize what they are doing to save a couple 100 bucks? 
I just wouldin't work on them.  I'd tell them to contact the dealer they bought from and have them come service it!
am I wrong?

Hot Tub Forum

Out of state shoppers
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:05 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Out of state shoppers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:34:32 am »
With many manufacturers expecting the selling dealer to pick up some of the expense of warranty work, e.g. the manufacturers don't pay enough to actually cover the costs of the repairs and expect the dealer to build a little extra into the retail price of the spa to cover them selves, many take your way of thinking.

You may though want to consider "good will" and possible future business. Also, does the brand in question allow for the dealer to charge the warranty customer a "service fee" for warranty work?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »
PoolSpaTech,
 Hey i am a little confused, In another thread you state that you bought a Master a a dealership, So are you a service tech for that dealership?  But oun the out of state sales, if it happens in our area, no big deal to me, I sell brands that are not sold on the internet, and i do not have dealers for the brands i sell close enough to me to be affected by that... so i do not have many calls on internet tubs service,......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »
PoolSpaTech,
 Hey i am a little confused, In another thread you state that you bought a Master a a dealership, So are you a service tech for that dealership?  But oun the out of state sales, if it happens in our area, no big deal to me, I sell brands that are not sold on the internet, and i do not have dealers for the brands i sell close enough to me to be affected by that... so i do not have many calls on internet tubs service,......

Rut Roh Rorge!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 04:43:15 pm »
PoolSpaTech,

Rut Roh Rorge!

;D Where's my popcorn?  :D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 06:48:33 pm »
just popped it ::) ;D

D1Dennis2009

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »
Yeaj, whats really going on here..? ;D

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:47:11 pm »
picking out the unpopped kernal ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:47:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42