What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa LSX or LSX700  (Read 22208 times)

Dee Dee

Master Spa LSX or LSX700
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:09 am »
My husband and I have been looking into purchasing a hot tub.  We both really like the "extreme" seat Master Spa has.  We have it narrowed down to two the LSX for $9,595.00 and the LSX700 for $8,595.00.  We have the money to spend for the LSX and space for the hot tub is not limited.  Which one would you buy if either?  Are Master Spas really that good?  Does anyone else offer an "extreme seat"?
Any input is greatly appreciated.  This is a REALLY large purchase for us.
Dee Dee & Lou

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa LSX or LSX700
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:09 am »

MarKee

Re: Master Spa LSX or LSX700
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 01:08:32 am »
I would wet test every available dealer in your area.  It's a large investment so you want a tub that's going to fit you perfect.  Where do you live?  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:40:20 am »
I have a friend with a 4 year old LSX that he hasn't had a problem with.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:22:37 pm »
DeeDee,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier to your post.....I was vacationing last week and mercifully had no inet access.

I have a 2004 LSX which has been issue free for 1.5 years now......and I love it now as I did on day one.  Check out my review here:  MasterSpas LSX

Here's some pics of mine:  My LSX

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Good luck and happy tubbing!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Duffman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:10 pm »
Hey Windsurfdog... If I could have purchased an LSX for under $8000 like you did, my backyard might look a little different  ;)

In my wet test report the LSX came out on top for one major reason. I absolutely loved the Extreme Therapy seat. No other spa provides a massage like it. Some are close in intensity but none have the number or variety of standard and whirlpool jets.

Too bad the best deal I could get was over $10,000. All things considered though, I'm extremely happy that I went with the Jacuzzi 385.

If I was going to buy a Master Spa I would definitely buy the LSX over the LSX700.

Wet Test Report: http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/Spa_Wet_Testing_Analysis.htm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:30:34 am by Duffman »

Dee Dee

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:03:56 pm »
Wow!  Thanks for all of the responses.  

Duffman -  that wet test report is great.  I have been looking all over for something like that and I think its really great that you actually tried all them hot tubs out, then took the time to write up that report! Awesome!
- Thank You!

Windsurfdog - I love the pictures and your hot tub.  (I am the one that wants the LSX and he wants the LSX700.)  I was amazed by the price too.  We went to a spa show and they wanted $10,900.00, then we found a local dealer and they want $9,595.00 and you bought yours last year for $8,000.00?  From where?

Wmccall - thank you for the info.

Hideaway_King - Thanks for the advice.  We are going to get in our bathing suits and go try them out, but after reading Duffman's report I feel like I already have... and we are from PA, between Trenton and Philadelphia.

Thanks again for all the responses.  I'll let you know how we do wet testing them.

Dee Dee
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:07:07 pm by DeeDee »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 09:52:10 am »
Windsurfdog - I love the pictures and your hot tub.  (I am the one that wants the LSX and he wants the LSX700.)  I was amazed by the price too.  We went to a spa show and they wanted $10,900.00, then we found a local dealer and they want $9,595.00 and you bought yours last year for $8,000.00?  From where?

I purchased mine from Spa Warehouse in Tampa, FL--great people to work with.  At the time, they were the only MasterSpas dealer in Florida--now there is one in Tallahassee within 35 miles of my home.  I set a limit of $8000 for my purchase and really liked the therapy of the LSX over others I tried though I did try to buy a Sundance Cameo from a local dealer who was a.......well, let's just say he was not interested in my business.  I negotiated about 2-3 months before striking the deal.  Beginning price was around $9500--just like your price.

Also, I have a friend with an LS700 and it is very similar to the LSX though the Extreme Therapy seat of the LSX definitely sets it apart.

Good luck with your purchase.  Even at $9500 I feel you would be completely satisfied with the LSX.  I haven't soaked in a tub I like any better though there are many brands/models that are certainly worthy of your consideration.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 10:05:05 am »
For us not familliar with the spa, what is the difference between the LSX and LSX700?
07 Caldera Geneva

RayF-1

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 10:14:19 am »
Been extremely pleased with my LSX (in northern Virginia) since Aug 04.

As you see from other postings, there is NO subsitute for "wet-testing" several tubs BEFORE purchase.  Testing tipped me to the MasterSpa as opposed to the Jacuzzi.   Although 5'-11" apparently I have a "long torso" because I could not fit under the "lip" of the shoulder therapy seat on the Jacuzzi.  The LSX has a seat that does the shoulders great and I fit just fine.

RAY  

Dee Dee

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 10:24:22 am »
I am interested in seeing other replies to this, but the differences I see, other than the $1,000.00 price differences are - (stuff I am reading from there book) -The LSX is 94"x94"x36", the LSX700 is 84"x84"x36", LSX is 450 gallons, the LSX700 is 380 gallons, both have 2 waterfalls, both have 2 master blasters, both have 2 secondary remotes, both have 150sq ft flitration, both have 4 pumps, the LSX has 87 jets, the LSx700 has 81 jets.  The LSX has 5 seats (one is a "cool down" seat, one is a lounge and one is the extreme seat), the LSX700 has 4 seats (one is a lounge and one is the extreme seat).

Now the reasons I like the LSX better are, the extreme seat seems to be more enclosed and you have your own "feet" area while sitting in it.  Even though it is only a little bit bigger than the LSX700, there seems to be more "feet" space.  I like the cool down seat and I love where the waterfall is.  You can sit in a seat and have the jets on your back while the waterfall is hitting your hair.  In the LSX700, the waterfall isn't behind a seat.  I have long hair and love water running on it.  I know it seems stupid, and these are all minor things, but after writting all the differences I still want the LSX and to me $1,000.00 to get what I want isn't an issue, but to not spend the extra $1,000.00 and wish for what I wanted would be...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 10:39:14 am »
I  ilke cool down seats a lot.  You can sit on the edge of the tub to cool off, but if you are in very cold temps, a cool off seat keeps you a bit warmer and is a very nice feature. just my 2 cents.  

Waterfalls? Eh. 90% of us don't even turn them on anymore.

I agree $1000 is nothing to sneeze at and should be considered carefully. However it SOuonds like you prefer the LSX. Foot space is nice.  How many folks are going to be using the tub on a regular basis?

If you want us to convice you and tell youwhat tub you shouldget,  it sounds like the LSX is the one you really want.  
;)
07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 10:45:43 am »
For us not familliar with the spa, what is the difference between the LSX and LSX700?

MASTER TRIVIA(L) :  The LSX stands for Legend Series EXtreme ( therapy).  They desided to make a 7'er so the next one fell into their regular code. 7's are 7 ',   8's are 8 ft etc...    and the 00 indicates lounger and the 50's are no lounger models.  

Feel free to put me on your "phone a friend" list for the "Worthless Information" category.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Dee Dee

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 10:50:40 am »
"If you want us to convice you and tell youwhat tub you shouldget,  it sounds like the LSX is the one you really want."

Its not me you have to convice - its my husband! :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 11:13:00 am »
"If you want us to convice you and tell youwhat tub you shouldget,  it sounds like the LSX is the one you really want."

Its not me you have to convice - its my husband! :)

Ahhhh. I have the jsut the opposite  problem at my house.  ::)

Let him wet test  and decide.  He will chose the larger LSX because he's a guy, and we all know Bigger =Better.  Tell him the LSX has got a larger motor and more killing ability and is the exact same tub Batman and James Bond have and he'll buy 2.  (least it works on me).

;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:14:45 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Duffman

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 11:33:11 am »
Tell him the LSX has got a larger motor and more killing ability and is the exact same tub Batman and James Bond have

Don't forget that Master Spas loves to tell people that an LSX was installed at Camp David. I can picture the twins enjoying themselves, but can definitely do without a mental image of "Dubya" in a hot tub.   ;)

Perhaps Master Spas should update their sales brochure. I think Batman and Bond would have more influence on our hot tub dollar  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:34:42 am by Duffman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 11:33:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42