What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thinking of selling my hot tub  (Read 5049 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Thinking of selling my hot tub
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:07 pm »
So our electric rates have skyrocketed and my tub cover,( that seemed to still be fine), is actually allowing the heat to leak at the middle seam. And  because he is  traveling all of the time, my husband isn't home to use the tub.  So I was thinking my tub might soon end up on Craig's list. Very little use, more expensive to heat than it used to be and now an added expense of a new cover I thought it might be time.

My husband was home for a short visit so we discussed whether to give up the tub or invest in a new cover... he said we would get a new cover and probably just shut the tub off in the summer to save electric...

We stopped at my friend's for hair cuts on the way to the spa dealer. It turns out that she had already picked out a spot for a tub. She had just begun searching for a purchase...Well we started telling her about how great you feel when you get out of the tub, and how much better you sleep and how it is a great place to talk to your spouse or kids or friends and how beautiful the stars are in the winter sky and how much fun it is to soak in a snow storm and how we had great times soaking even in the rain and ......By the time we were done, we had fallen in love with our tub again..Crazy.....but guess my tub won't be on Craig's list anytime soon..and I plan of using it ...now that I remember how awesome it really is..who knew?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Thinking of selling my hot tub
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:07 pm »

socal147

Re: Thinking of selling my hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »
I am waiting for mine. I do remember using my sisters many years ago. I slept so much better and I dont remember pains lasting as long. I cant wait.  ;D

Jet Sitter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:34:03 pm »
Whew - I thought you were going to say that you sold your tub to your friend who cuts your hair!

I have enjoyed reading your posts about your tub and I am glad that you are going to keep it.  Maybe there are some ways to reduce the energy demand that would help.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:01 pm »
My youngest boy crashed skiing and has now had a cast on for about 6 weeks.  The last time I was in my tub was...7 weeks ago (before the infamous ski trip).  I cherish it in the winter but also use it in the summer.  After playing tennis it is a godsend so I can not see living without one.  I replaced my cover about 8 months ago with one from Doc and it does a great job.  I still have to replace my headrest as the old ones were pretty work out about a year ago (so I just took them out of hte tub and have not yet ordered the ones I got Jacuzzi Jim to price for me...my bad).  I am getting into it tonight...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 07:12:13 am »
I'm glad you shared that with us, My tub will be 8 years old next month and I'm still glad we have it though. Through this winter our usage might have dropped to 4-5 times a week, a couple of times missing 3 days in a row.  I know I am going to need it this year as I prepare for my first marathon in Oct.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:34:35 am »
Thanks guys, funny how it takes someone else( who wants something that you happen to have) to make you appreciate it! My cover has been ordered and since I really believe that the spa blanket is a good thing, I am getting a new spa blanket as well.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:32 am »
Thanks guys, funny how it takes someone else( who wants something that you happen to have) to make you appreciate it! My cover has been ordered and since I really believe that the spa blanket is a good thing, I am getting a new spa blanket as well.

Do you ever think the spa blanket keeps you from using your tub?  I know I have my routine down so well that we can decide to go soak, go outside and be in our tub less than 20 seconds after we go out the door. (5 seconds for my wife who waits till I have the tub open) and be back in the house 30 seconds after we are done. (Again 5 seconds for my wife  ;D)   If I had to deal with the blanket on many days, I might consider not going out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mwoebbe

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:34:00 am »
Well sometimes we hot tub owners forget how many good things and times we have with our hottub. :D

We love to soak in our hottub and I need it for my back.

I was selling my first hottub (hs landmark) but only because I was buing a new one (HS Vista)

I have reduced my electric bill with about 4 times because I have connected my hottub to my heatpump in the house. ;D

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »
Lol Bill, you are talking to the one who lugs firewood and heats with a wood stove instead of burning oil..Taking that blanket off doesn't bother me at all. I think I just miss soaking with my husband and he is rarely home.  I live on the edge of a woods and hearing critters in the night is cool when you are with someone..but alone out there..kind of takes the relaxation out of it...lol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42