What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Atera AnyTemp Spa, My New COLD & HOT Spa  (Read 13376 times)

johnheld

Atera AnyTemp Spa, My New COLD & HOT Spa
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »
After several months of reserch and looking at everyones posts i purchased my 1st hot tub today. I got an atera cold and hot spa. They are made in Phoenix, az and have the option of being kept cold in the summer and hot in the winter. We wet tested the spa at their showroom in Glendale. I have never been in a spa with such power. We bought the CTS8-44 Model, it has 3 5hp pumps and was the strongest spa we ever sat in.

I would strongly recomend this spa, we do have to wait 6 weeks to get it delivered but we were able to custom order the spa to our liking.

Moderator note: Website deleted, I'm sure you could find it if  you tried

I will update once we get it delivered!

John Held
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:51:32 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Atera AnyTemp Spa, My New COLD & HOT Spa
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »

johnheld

Re: Atera AnyTemp Spa, My New COLD & HOT Spa
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:42:33 pm »
After reading several other posts here in the forum, i forgot to ask everyone. The Atera Spas folks are using a liquid enzyme called the clear choice. They say that it does not use any chemicals, no ozone, no chlorine, no bromine just an all natural enzyme.

Does anyone have expericene with this? They claim that you only drain the spa every 18 months? From what i read this sounds too good to be true?

Any feedback would be great. I spoke to a few of their customers and they swear by it and i was just wanting to see if anyone has any info.

John Held

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
I would not believe anything they tell you!  I saw one of their spas at a show one time and it had penquins swimming in it and one of the penguins tried to peck out my eye.  Penguins are normally gentle critters, but I think all the swimming they did in that enzyme altered their personalities and made them vicious.  I strongly suggest that you avoid all contact with them.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:37:15 pm »
I would not believe anything they tell you!  I saw one of their spas at a show one time and it had penquins swimming in it and one of the penguins tried to peck out my eye.  Penguins are normally gentle critters, but I think all the swimming they did in that enzyme altered their personalities and made them vicious.  I strongly suggest that you avoid all contact with them.

Terminator

Did they have freakin lazer beams on their heads?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »
Unfortunately I have to interject. I'm quite suspicious the OP is actually a rep for the brand mentioned. This is a pretty common tactic for the mentioned brand, and is further suspected as this is a OP's very first post. It's WAY more common for first posts to be a QUESTION or complaint, and unusual for a first time LEGITIMATE posts to a rave review, WITH a link to the manufacturers web site....so soon after getting the spa.

On second thought...this is TOTAL spam from the manufacturer...

"I would strongly recomend this spa"
"I will update once we get it delivered!"
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:55:53 am »
Unfortunately I have to interject. I'm quite suspicious the OP is actually a rep for the brand mentioned. This is a pretty common tactic for the mentioned brand, and is further suspected as this is a OP's very first post. It's WAY more common for first posts to be a QUESTION or complaint, and unusual for a first time LEGITIMATE posts to a rave review, WITH a link to the manufacturers web site....so soon after getting the spa.

On second thought...this is TOTAL spam from the manufacturer...

"I would strongly recomend this spa"
"I will update once we get it delivered!"

BUSTED!!!!!!
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 07:44:23 am »
Ok, the original poster's email address indicates to me that he is most likely an employee of this brand. Given I'd never heard of this brand, I can see where this type of technique might help, it is against what this board stands for. Of course, there is the innocent till proven guilty thing, so I'm going to leave the thread stand for awhile, in case I'm wrong, or if others want to add anything.  Perhaps I should delete the web site from this thread.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 07:52:40 am »

Terminator

Glad to know your still keeping an eye on things, you and Doc Spa.  ;)   I need to get to some of these shows somedays, at least the ones your at always seem to be the place to be.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:43 pm »
Here maybe I can help John.

After reading several other posts here in the forum, i forgot to ask everyone. The Atera Spas folks are using a liquid enzyme called the clear choice. They say that it does not use any chemicals, no ozone, no chlorine, no bromine just an all natural enzyme.

Does anyone have expericene with this? They claim that you only drain the spa every 18 months? From what i read this sounds too good to be true?

Any feedback would be great. I spoke to a few of their customers and they swear by it and i was just wanting to see if anyone has any info.

John Held

DO NOT use an enzyme based sanitizer. You know why? Because it is not a sanitizer it is a bacteria filled muck!
Retired

socal147

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:09:53 am »
Seems to me John Held would have responded by now confirming or denying. Being called canned meat and all....    :-X

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:22:18 am »
Must have been something I said.

will atams

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 08:14:44 pm »
I bought a spa from atera in November last year, I had some issues at first with the enzyme (mainly becuase i didnt read the directions, im a guy) but now its great. I have been using for 6 months, the water looks great, no smell and i get a lifetime warrant on my jets.

After reading everyones posts it looks like most people here are in the industry and not actual spa owners.

I have had a very good experience with atera spas, i would recomend, i have a cooler on my spa here in Surprise, AZ and love using it in the summer!!

Will Adams

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 08:43:08 pm »
its funny this has not been around ( the thread) in months , and puff... its back,,

will atams i am just curious the use the waterway jets...they give you a lifetime warranty if you use there stuff. How come then the rest of the plumbing only has a 5 year warranty, how come if the plumbing has the same water going  thru they do not back the plumbing the same way. I know they use the waterway jets just like most of the top tier brands use.. i think in the last 10 years i have replaced maybe 10 jets in that period, and using the bad corrosive Chlorine and Bromine,,, I have seen jets have problems with Bromine, my own personal tub 1992 has never had a jet replaced and i use chlorine... It just seems funny to me to have that long warranty on a jet that costs 5 bucks .....and they only give a 3 year warranty on the electronics,, but you get the lifetime warranty on jets....not a big deal to me on jets.... And yes i am a salesman, oh i also own a spa and have for over 30 years...and i have seen many consumers on this site and the others...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

RobertSchmierer

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:28 pm »
R.S.
I also had a great experience with my Area Hot Tub. I've owned some cheaper spas when, I was young, and got tired of having to junk them after a couple years. My Atera spa is  :)made here in America. I like that and would recommend Atera Spas to anyone wanting a quality product and Great service!

av8r

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 08:50:02 am »
So you ordered one, but haven't owned one and yet you'll recommend it?

This has shill written all over it.

Mods, please delete this thread.

EDIT...

Why are these obvious shill threads left published?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 08:50:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42