What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problem Sundance Altamar help!  (Read 4939 times)

scurvydog

Problem Sundance Altamar help!
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »
Hello,

I have a '07 Altamar that I am having a problem with. Recently we started getting FLO notices on our control panel and the hot tub not holding temperature. Did a bit of reading online and the owners manual and popped out our filter which was due for replacement to see if it was causing problems. Popped the filter out and ran it for two days and FLO messages went away and temperature held.

So it was time to do our semi-annual water change anyways drained hot tub and added new filter. When I went to power the hot tub back up I only get this on the control panel " - - - -" and nothing else. Tried cycling the power a few times no change. The manual was no help as it says call service technician. Any suggestions on if I need to bleed the system of air ?? It is under warranty but, I hate calling someone out for something I can troubleshoot in 20 minutes.

Thanks!
-Scurvydog

Hot Tub Forum

Problem Sundance Altamar help!
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Problem Sundance Altamar help!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:35 pm »
 The dreaded 4 dashes are a general alarm of something going on with the spa, could be a circ pump or sensor problem.  You are under warranty so might as well have the dealer take care of it.   

Sometimes you can kill the power for 15 min and turn it back on, might work might not.   If it does work and the problem is serious enough the dashes will return.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »
You're the 3rd or 4th Sundance owner who has had the watchdog error ("----") in the past few months.  Happened to my Cameo in January.  A couple bad caps on the circuit board.  If you look at your circuit board, these two caps are side-by-side and almost in the middle of the board.  You could see the ends of the caps were bowed out a bit.  It was under warranty so the dealer replaced the circuit board.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42