What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! Hot tub issue  (Read 3786 times)

westgass

HELP! Hot tub issue
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »
Hi there - hoping someone can help!!  Cold weather (at least for California :) and want to hop in the tub!! 
However in the summer - noticed that the temperature gauge was off, was reading 101 however was approx 106 when we took the temperature with an external thermometer.  Following that - in October we started to get the FL1 error (not sure what that means - however the "jet 1" would no longer circulate (the second jet will still circulate).  FOLLOWING THAT - I went out last week and the temperature of the water was about 51 degrees!  HELP!!! Can anyone help with a suggestion of what the potential issue would be and how I can fix??  Thank you so much for your advice!

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! Hot tub issue
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: HELP! Hot tub issue
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:28 pm »
FL1 can be a couple things from a clogged filter to a bad circ pump.   Try removing the filter first kill the power then force water through it (the fitting) to clear a possible air lock.      What brand spa is it?

westgass

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:51:54 pm »
Hi Jim - will give it a try.  Believe it or not - I don't know the brand!  We bought the house 4 years ago and spa was here already - have taken off the side paneling to see if could find and never have been successful.  I tried the hose method with the power on, so will turn off and give try!

westgass

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »
No go - powered down, ran hose against the screen for a couple minutes.  Powered back on and FL1 error still there.  When you try and run the Jet 1 - you just hear a "click click"...jet doesn't go...additional thoughts?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:04:45 pm »
 The pump may have gone out if you hear it clicking and nothing is happening, how many pumps does it have any idea?

westgass

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »
No - can you give me a tip on how to figure it out (can you tell I'm new to the hot tub scene? :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »
 You would have to open up the front and look.    If it's clicking possible it's just a blown fuse.  Without a volt meter you won't be able to tell if it's bad or not. 

SpaGuy911

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:32:08 pm »
its possible your sensors are going or gone bad. how old is the spa what kind is it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:32:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42