What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Recommendation for a hot tub for a rental home - reliability and seats 5 adults  (Read 5851 times)

davidgator

I am looking for a recommendation for a hot tub brand and model to be used at my rental home.  We rent the home on a daily and weekly basis approximately 200 days a year.  The home is located in Colorado high on a mountain and the hot tub will be outdoors and subject to very cold weather, snow, ice and winds.

I personally may not use the hot tub at all.  I need the hot tub purely because it is something renters look for when deciding what house to rent.

I do not care at all about comfort or the number of jets. I would prefer it not to have pillows a lot of moving jets or other features that may require more frequent replacement or repair.

Therefore, the only criteria I care about are (i) durability, (ii) availability of replacement parts over the long term, (iii) warranty and (iv) the ability to seat 5 adults, (v) a continuous water cleaning.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
My personal short list would be Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. There are certainly more such as Arctic and Beachcomber that others here may be fans of and it may depend on who you have in your area (you can go to the manufacturer websites and use their dealer locators to see who may be in your area).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
I would agree with spatech on this list of spas to look at....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
David-

I hope I can help.  Depending on where your at in the High Country you can come look at an Arctic Spa or Coyote Spa.  Arctic has a model called the Yukon which is a 7 x 7 foot spa that holds up to 7 adults.  If your not going to use the spa get this in the Prestige package.  It has less jets then then the three higher packages but costs much less. 

I also do weekly service on short term rentals.  We adjust our schedule based on your check in check out dates.  I'm open 7 days a week.  It's been 12 years since I first started my business up here in Summit County. 

My store is located in the Dillon City MarketShopping Center a few doors down from Starbucks.  Please call me or email me for further questions. 

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
A Nordic hot tub may suit you as well.  Can seat 5, not a ton of jets, no pillows, and well made.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
It's been said Hocking County in Ohio has the most hot tubs per capita in the US. That is because nobody lives there and there is a huge cabin/cottage rental industry.  Most of those places have very simple round tubs with minimal jets, but room for 4 or more.   I don't know what Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance offers in that line, but Nordic does carry a lot of that type of spa.

I have no personal experience with that brand, but have seen some of them in rental properties and many of this style.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mjb

I concur w/ Bill and surjicalstrike.
We have delivered plenty of Nordic Hot Tubs
to the rental cabins in Scenic Hocking Hills.
They have proven to quite duarable and reliable.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
I concur w/ Bill and surjicalstrike.
We have delivered plenty of Nordic Hot Tubs
to the rental cabins in Scenic Hocking Hills.
They have proven to quite duarable and reliable.

Mike,

If I haven't said it, its good to have you back here and in Columbus. I forgot you guys carry that brand.  The next time I need chemicals, I'll stop in and say hello.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wdt

I highly recomend a Nordic Crown XL Hot Tub (round).  I live in Michigan and it gets pretty cold up here in the winter.  I have owned my Nordic for 3 years and it is wonderful.  No problems, easy set up, easy filter change and an excellent tub for those achy muscles.  If you are a tall person like me, this tub fits the bill.  It is deep sitting and will easily handle 5 grownups.  What I like about the tub is that it is straight forward with not a lot of fancy gizmos that can be costly when they break.  The jets are extremely powerful and adjustable. They tell me that professional baseball, hockey and football players buy these for the reasons that I stated. I keep mine on 102 degrees in the winter and early spring and turn it down in the summer to 98.  The tub itself is tough.  I use a heater blanket along with a good insulated cover that lifts off with a hydraulic unit. I paid 4200.00 for the tub, the dealer through in the cover and the lift cost me 185.00 dollars. I bought it in December of 2008.  It is quiet, too. I highly recomend the Nordic Crown XL.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42