What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice for used hot tub  (Read 3143 times)

TheSpaNewbie

Advice for used hot tub
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
    Hello i am new to this site and hottub buying, but i am looking for a used hot tub/spa and don't know what brand to get, my budget is around $1400, i don't know what to look for so i was looking for some answers, i am only 13 but me and my dad are looking for a hot tub so please write back Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Advice for used hot tub
« on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »

Jet Sitter

Re: Advice for used hot tub
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »
If you are buying a used tub, maked sure that you see it operating with water in it, otherwise your risk that something is wrong is much greater.

It is best to stay with a major manufacturer such as Jacuzzi, Sundance, D1 (Dimension One), Hot Springs, Caldera, Marquis etc - there are others.  These tubs generally have a oner life than off brands.

If you find something that might work for you, post information here and people will share their opinions with you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:52 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I've never purchased used, but lots of people here have.  My advice, its a buyer's market, use the internet and learn what the tub cost new and only pay a fraction of what the new cost was. I would probably only buy a tub that was powered up and filled with water so you can verify its value, but if your Dad is handy, he might want to buy more of a fixer up.  If you see any tubs out there you want to know more about, feel free to come back here and ask.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

gadfly

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:43:20 pm »
   Hello i am new to this site and hottub buying, but i am looking for a used hot tub/spa and don't know what brand to get, my budget is around $1400, i don't know what to look for so i was looking for some answers, i am only 13 but me and my dad are looking for a hot tub so please write back Thank you.

Remember that purchase cost is just the start of the expenses for hot tub ownership:

1.  Depending on the tub you select, and your climate... electricity will cost you $20 - $60 per month.  
2.  Chemicals to keep the water clean and safe, can cost $10-20/month.  
3.  With a used tub, you have to budget for possible repair costs. One repair in five years... such as a pump, heater, or circuit board can easily run up a $500 bill... so plan another $10 month for that.  
4.  An insulated cover usually lasts less than 5 years, so you have to add another monthly $5 to $10.

As you can see, owning a hot tub will cost you $50 - $100 a month, on top of what you pay for the tub.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:17:49 pm by gadfly »

TheSpaNewbie

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »
Thank you all for the reply's every body. I posted another topic because i thought this one did not send but thank you again.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:44:06 pm by TheSpaNewbie »

TheSpaNewbie

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
and one more thing if I go to someones house and they have the water in the tub what will I look for, I know that i must look for leaks and if all the jets work but how exactly do i look for leaks. and is there any thing else I need to look for. I live in southern Arizona and my dad is handy so i don't know what we can look for. Do any of you think that in the long run that buying a new hot tub will save way more than taking chances on buying a used one?  Thanks again.

JensenMartin

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:15 am »
Lots of people these days are finding it enjoyable to spend some time in a hot tub.The best advice is that you must see Jacuzzi hot tub that is used in the act of working full before you agree to buy it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42