What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: now i finally did it...........................  (Read 7302 times)

mwoebbe

now i finally did it...........................
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
Now I finally succeded making my heatpump warm up my HS vista. :D

My heatpump is taking the heat out of the earth and it is used to warm up my hole house an now my spa too.

It makes heat to a very low cost, so I hope to save at lot of money on my electric bill.

Is there anyone who has tryid something like this????

Hot Tub Forum

now i finally did it...........................
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: now i finally did it...........................
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:00:07 am »
Congratulations..I think that is just awesome. I keep thinking I can figure a way to hook my tub up to my wood stove..so far no success with that..lol..but I surely applaud you for finding a viable way to save electric by using a system already in place. We all need to get innovative and find alternate energy sources!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »
Congratulations..I think that is just awesome. I keep thinking I can figure a way to hook my tub up to my wood stove..so far no success with that..lol..but I surely applaud you for finding a viable way to save electric by using a system already in place. We all need to get innovative and find alternate energy sources!

Lets be cognisant of the fact that consuming more rescources to lower an electric bill may not be a worthwhile investment. You have to seriously consider your return on investment. Spending 2-3 g's to save 5-10 bucks a month. Do that math.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »
Interesting someone's first post in this forum is to tell us about their miracle breakthrough. I sense a sell coming.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »
Sorry Bill, guess I got carried away..I am always looking for alternate energy sources...it is not necessarily the cost factor for me as much as the freedom from the energy providers we have allowed ourselves to become dependent on. Like my oil company that won't quit filling my tank because it is auto fill..so drive that #$$ big oil truck on my driveway to deliver 47 gallons of oil at $3.89 a gallon..now that really ticks me off.
 >:(

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:02 pm »
Interesting someone's first post in this forum is to tell us about their miracle breakthrough. I sense a sell coming.

First thing I looked at was his profile to see if there was a website listed....nada...yet
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mwoebbe

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 04:16:30 pm »
Thanks for all the replys.

I am not trying to sell eanybody anything, ;) I am just a very happy owner of a hot tub (hs vista).
I live in Denmark in europe, the hs vista is an very effincive spa to run, but here in Denmark the electric power is very expencive price of 10 kwh is 4 dollar, thats why I hook my hot tub on my heatpump.
When i use the heatpump to warm up my spa I can reduce the electric bill so it will be at least 4 time less...
I can save at least 1000 dollar a year, the pay back time of the installation is under 3 years  :D
Not only can I save some money, I can also reduce the co2.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »
Kudos..to all of Europe..they don't waste resources like we do. They have already faced very expensive gas and energy costs and they are much more conservative and sensible than we are in the U.S.! They are light years ahead of us with solar power... ;)  So maybe Mwoebbe can patent his idea and others can share in his cost saving idea! ;)

mwoebbe

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 12:30:55 pm »
Thanks bonibelle,
you are right, we try very hard not to waste the resources. thats one of the reasons that I hookt my spa on the heatpump. of course the money saving is another reason. If anybody want to know how to do it I can easyli explain it. :)
By the way it is very funny sitting in the hot water in my hot tub, knowing that alle the heat now is comming from the earth under my lawn ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:02:12 pm »
Thanks bonibelle,
you are right, we try very hard not to waste the resources. thats one of the reasons that I hookt my spa on the heatpump. of course the money saving is another reason. If anybody want to know how to do it I can easyli explain it. :)
By the way it is very funny sitting in the hot water in my hot tub, knowing that alle the heat now is comming from the earth under my lawn ;D

Go ahead and explain though I'm assuming its a matter of pumping water 40+ feet into a hole and back up and using the differential to slowly raise the water temp. I know its huge and ideal in Iceland and used a lot mroe in the us than people know..
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mwoebbe

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »
Allright Spatec ill try to explain how i get the heat out of my garden.  (I hope my english is good enough )

I have 350 meters plastic pipes dig 1 meter down under the lawn, this is the collector and it is connected to the heatpump, the heatpump and the collector takes out the heat from the earth, it works all the years. It is a simple explenation because it is difficult for me to explain all the deatails in englich ( my language is Danish), if you are instresting in a more/better explenation you can look at this webside:  www.nibe.eu

I allredy used the heatpump system to warm up my house, it is 250 m2, 6 people using hot water, the total cost every year is under 5000kwh.
the new is that i, with succed, hooked my spa on the heatpump system.
What I needed extra to hook the spa on the heatpumpsystem was : 1 heatexchanger, 10 meters isolated plastic pipe, 1 circulationspump, 1 magnetic valve and a little bit of fittings.
The heatpump has a pool control and i can set the temperature in the pool/spa to temperatur between 0 and 70 degrees celcius, I have set the spatemperature to 38 degrees celcius.
Another very good thing is that the heatpump delivers 8kwh power and the temperature will not drop when we sit in the spa at minus 10 degrees celcius, it hold the temperature constantly.
in the european model of the hs vista (in europe call  hs summit) the heater is only at 1,5 kwh an the temperature often drop to quickly when we are sitting out in cold weather.
Hope this was usefull to you and others ;)

What is the price of 1 kwh 230v electric power in the states ?????

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 04:02:51 pm »
"What is the price of 1 kwh 230v electric power in the states"

Power cost for me in SE USA is 6.886 for first 1000KWH + 4.611 fuel charge.  Total = 11.497 cents/kwh .  Above 1000Kwh usage it is 0.13588 cents.  Surprised that you are only down in the lawn by 1 meter.   What is the physical size of your spa heat exchanger, is it in an insulated container?  Picture would be appreciated.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:23:11 pm by watzup »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 05:44:10 pm »
Allright Spatec ill try to explain how i get the heat out of my garden.  (I hope my english is good enough )

I have 350 meters plastic pipes dig 1 meter down under the lawn, this is the collector and it is connected to the heatpump, the heatpump and the collector takes out the heat from the earth, it works all the years. It is a simple explenation because it is difficult for me to explain all the deatails in englich ( my language is Danish), if you are instresting in a more/better explenation you can look at this webside:  www.nibe.eu

I allredy used the heatpump system to warm up my house, it is 250 m2, 6 people using hot water, the total cost every year is under 5000kwh.
the new is that i, with succed, hooked my spa on the heatpump system.
What I needed extra to hook the spa on the heatpumpsystem was : 1 heatexchanger, 10 meters isolated plastic pipe, 1 circulationspump, 1 magnetic valve and a little bit of fittings.
The heatpump has a pool control and i can set the temperature in the pool/spa to temperatur between 0 and 70 degrees celcius, I have set the spatemperature to 38 degrees celcius.
Another very good thing is that the heatpump delivers 8kwh power and the temperature will not drop when we sit in the spa at minus 10 degrees celcius, it hold the temperature constantly.
in the european model of the hs vista (in europe call  hs summit) the heater is only at 1,5 kwh an the temperature often drop to quickly when we are sitting out in cold weather.
Hope this was usefull to you and others ;)

What is the price of 1 kwh 230v electric power in the states ?????

Heat pumps work the same way here in the states. But in Northern Minnesota 1 meter, well can you say frozen. We can get 45 degrees at 90 feet. So we extract 13 degrees in the exchanger. Take system heat loss out and the 10 degrees left. Well it works but is not quite as cheap as most think. You can save money, but I think the ROI is very very slow.
Retired

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 05:56:18 pm »
"What is the price of 1 kwh 230v electric power in the states"

Power cost for me in SE USA is 6.886 for first 1000KWH + 4.611 fuel charge.  Total = 11.497 cents/kwh .  Above 1000Kwh usage it is 0.13588 cents.  Surprised that you are only down in the lawn by 1 meter.   What is the physical size of your spa heat exchanger, is it in an insulated container?  Picture would be appreciated.  

$101.64 for 1.14Kwh for this month according to my recent power statement here in North Carolina
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

mwoebbe

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »
Well i can see that electric power is much cheaper in the U.S, :D

About the heatpump, I can heat up my whole house also in the winther, about one week ago the temperature was down to minus 16 degrees celcius and the earth down to 1 meter is still frosen. In the plastic pipes under my lawn the water (with antifreze in) gets out of the heatpump with a temperature at minus 4,8 degrees celcius and when it return in the heatpump the temperature is minus 1,5 degrees celsius, the difference 3,3 degrees is in the heatpump made to usefull heat in my house and now also in my spa. ;D

I dont think it will work if the temperatur in the earth by the plastic pipes is under minus 10 degrees selcius.

The size of the HEAT EXCHANGER is about 50 cm length and 12 cm width and 6 cm thick, when i get home from work i will take a picture and put on the forum here. :)  and yes it is isolated

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42