What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J385 Main Control Panel problem  (Read 2882 times)

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
J385 Main Control Panel problem
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:06 pm »
Eight days ago we had 7 adults in our 2006 J385 which caused some water to splash around and even some over the top.  After this, the main control display panel became foggy and none of the control buttons worked.  It does still display the temperature and status of the heater.  The small control panel does work and allows me to control the pumps and the lights.   However, without the main control panel I am not able to adjust the water and other functions.  The fogginess has cleared up.  I have already tried resetting the power.  Any suggestions?  Any idea why having the water splash around would initiate this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

J385 Main Control Panel problem
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:06 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: J385 Main Control Panel problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »
 I have seen this before and don't have a reason why it actually fails but most likely water getting in there.   You will probably need a new topside, which you can buy from your dealer or on line.  Part number 2600-323   If you replace it yourself which is really pretty easy, just be sure you clean the surface with alcohol (rubbing not the other  ;D ) after popping the old one off and make sure you get it on straight/level, it's a one shot deal once its on its on.  The sticky pad they use is like superglue and you don't get a second chance!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: J385 Main Control Panel problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42