What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension one spa  (Read 41240 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Dimension one spa
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 10:18:20 am »
ATTENTION PLEASE READ:

First, I want apologize for the long post about to occur.

To refresh, my husband and I started our search looking for a great first hot tub. With the help of this wonderful site and looking at several dealers we settled on D1's Amore Bay. Our local dealer wanted 14,500 out the door. Being diligent consumers, we wanted to be sure we were getting a fair price, so we called around our area and another D1 dealer (90 miles away) quoted us a 2010 floor model Amore Bay for 12k out the door. We were very pleased with the price and questioned 1) This is an Amore Bay right? and 2) It is a 2010 model? The dealer said yes to both questions. We figured the local dealer must be higher on prices (Although, their Amore Bay was in plastic on their storage lot).

Well, unfortunately, the Amore Bay was not going to fit where we wanted to put it. We would be looking at our block wall to have access to the panel. Just couldn't make it work.

So, we decided on the Nautilus. The far away dealer quoted us 8,532 out the door. Again, for a 2010 floor model.

As advised in some earlier posts, I suggested my husband call the local dealer to see if they could match this price. Their reaction is in my earlier post today. They said "He was selling under cost" and no way was that a price they could do. They were furious. They didn't believe us. My husband hung up the phone and we were in total shock!! Thinking "Boy, are we glad we didn't buy from that dealer".

Well, here is the rest of the story............

The local dealer called us back and said "Look, there is just something not right here" Get me the serial number and fax me your quote. They then called the factory and found out that ALL of this other dealer's spas are 2008 floor models!!!!!! He hasn't purchased from D1 since 2008!

I asked 3 different times about year model with this dealer as I turned down a Hot Springs tub because it was a 2009 floor model. I NEVER would have driven 90 miles each way for a 2008. He said it was a 2010 every single time. Then on his quote he faxed us yesterday, he never put a year model so we called again and asked and he assured us it was a 2010! In addition, his price was even lower because he gave us a contractor's tax price - I am told this was illegal.

Here is the SWEET part. The local dealer talked to the factory about all of this and called us back and said D1 wanted to make this right as they felt we were not treated well by this other dealer. D1 is allowing us to pick out a 2011 Nautilus for the SAME price as we were quoted by the other dealer!

I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with this company, and I haven't even received my hot tub yet. First, we didn't even complain to the company, the local dealer called and straightened out this whole saga. Second, D1 responded to my post about the ordeal that took place earlier today with the local dealer before we knew what was going on and wanted to make it right. (Thanks Dennis!)

People, customer service is HUGE! I just wanted to find a good spa and ended up going through all of this. I now KNOW I found the right company to stand behind their product. THANK YOU D1 !!!!

This whole story is a bit strange.  First you bash the local dealer for yelling at you and bad mouthing the distant dealer.  Now you find the distant dealer was unethical, maybe illegal.  Then we find D1 has come to the rescue and they are going to help you get a 2011 spa at a 2008 price.  Which simply means they are going to sell the spa to the local dealer (who yelled at you) at a discount.  You still have to deal with the locals.

D1 may be smelling like a rose.  But, to me, the entire episode can of stinks.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:27:33 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 10:18:20 am »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 01:48:47 pm »
AZRN,
 NIce to hear that D1 is stepping up to the plate to help out,,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 01:48:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42