What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: advice please on buying a used tub  (Read 2231 times)

tubbyguy

advice please on buying a used tub
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »
Hello everyone. new to the board. I live in Toronto, Ontario. Im looking to buy a hot tub very soon for my new house. Ive never owned one before but did have a pool at my last house. Im looking at sundance chelsea that a friend of a friend has for sale.  It is less then 2 years old and asking $6000..Is that a bit too much?? Then I would have to pay to have it delivered..$400 to $500. some of the features I know it has are surround stereo with mps player hook up. led lights.

question is should I pay that much? or maybe make a lower offer?? or would I be better off to buy brand new.
thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

advice please on buying a used tub
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: advice please on buying a used tub
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:23:23 pm »
Hello everyone. new to the board. I live in Toronto, Ontario. Im looking to buy a hot tub very soon for my new house. Ive never owned one before but did have a pool at my last house. Im looking at sundance chelsea that a friend of a friend has for sale.  It is less then 2 years old and asking $6000..Is that a bit too much?? Then I would have to pay to have it delivered..$400 to $500. some of the features I know it has are surround stereo with mps player hook up. led lights.

question is should I pay that much? or maybe make a lower offer?? or would I be better off to buy brand new.
thanks.

Yes, that sounds high. In genreal (and depending on conditition of course) a 2 year old spa shoul sell for about 45-50% of what it was new IMO. Like cars, his spa depreciated a good % the minute it got filled at his house and therefore technically become a used spa plus the warranty does not transfer to the next owner.

I can't say exactly what he paid but it sounds like he's trying to get 2/3+ of his money back. People selling 2 year old spas always think they should get more for it than reality but the used market just does not follow that. Find out what he paid for it but also start looking around at your other options available.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tubbyguy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »
thanks for the response. He said he paid over 10k canadian. Also he is including a cover lifter, stairs, chemical box with all chemicals valued approx $300

maybe I should make an offer of around $4500.. ?? or is that too low.?

tubbyguy

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »
latest update.. I offered $4500..he said he will sell for $5000..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:15:24 pm »
latest update.. I offered $4500..he said he will sell for $5000..

I didn't realize we ware talking canadian $, that makes 5k sound a bit better. If its in good shape and you really want it (though you MUST see it fully operational or do NOT buy it) offer him the $5k if he gets it to your house of $4500 if you have to move it. I doubt very much he'll get a better offer and if he says no I'd counter "if you don't get a better offer after putting it on Craigslist call me back, the offer stands until i found another one I like". I have a strong feeling he'd call you back within a couple weeks if he's really looking to sell.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:18:01 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:15:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42