What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New tub looking at nordic  (Read 12890 times)

btmonroe

New tub looking at nordic
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:04 pm »
I can not find a lot of posts on the Nordics, except for that they are pretty reliable tub without the extras.  I am looking for a smaller footprint tub (maybe that runs on 110).  I do see one recurring thing on the nordic, is that they are not well insulated.  Is that the case of before, or are they better now (older post)?  I know I can get an upgrade on the insulation (calif specs), but maybe hard to come by and dealer not willing to deal on that usually.  I live in the TN area, we have our cold spells but not a northern climate and hope that I can get away with a 110.  To run my 220 now would certainly blow my budget.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the nordic?
Are there any other tubs that can be had for under $5000 that run 110.  I do not want  2 seater, but a smaller one that holds 4-5 would be my preference. 

Thanks.  This board has kept me busy the last couple of weeks ;)

Hot Tub Forum

New tub looking at nordic
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:04 pm »

castletonia

Re: New tub looking at nordic
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:43 pm »
I am a Nordic dealer and have been since 2009 and can help you with any questions you may have.  I recommend that you do get the Title 20 insulation upgrade as it will reduce the little motor noise there is and it will improve the efficiency.  My service tech has a Nordic Warrior XL running on 110v and we estimate his energy bill increased about $35 a month up here in Wisconsin.

Nordic has been a good economical tub for us.  In the 2+ years I have sold them, we have only done two service calls (bad ozone, and bad control panel). 

btmonroe

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »
Do you know what it will run for the Title Insulation (estimate)?
That might be a good idea as, I was looking to place it right outside our bedroom.  I am mostly into soaking in the warm water guy.  I typically find the jets make too much noise and take away from the relaxation.  From what I have seen in the Nordic, it creates a great deal of water movement when needed. 
In talking with the local dealer, ozonator was not mentioned.  Can one be easily added?
Oh I really like the escape (rather have square than round tub), are there any pros/cons for this tub, and/or do you like one of the other square tubs better (I have only seen one square one in person - retreat).

Thanks.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:39:58 am »
$35 a month seems like a lot.  My bill only went up maybe $10-$15/month.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:57:02 am »
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  The $35 was for the winter months and the tub is 400 gallons with a 110v motor.  I am not sure what the filtration was set for so this is obviously not scientific, just something to go off of.

I sell title 20 insulation as a $125 upgrade for square/rectangle spas and $75 for round spas.  I would have to check if the spas are ozone ready as I order all of mine with them so I have never looked at adding one after the sale.  I have nothing negative to say about the Escape as it was my best selling Nordic in 2009.  However,  I no longer show the Escape because I like the Retreat a lot more and once I got my first one in last year I had difficulty selling my floor model Escape because the Retreat basically seats the same number of people and I think has a better layout. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:28:40 am »

I had never seen one, so I looked it up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

btmonroe

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 08:54:22 am »
I misspoke, I was looking at the retreat.  Yes I like the layout a little better, with the two seats plus the bench. 

Being that it only holds 280 gallons, hopefully that will work better on the 110.
What is your guess of the percentage of customer running a nordic on 110?

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:20 pm »
I would estimate that 75% of the Retreat's and Nordic's in general I sell are hooked up 110v.  I have not had any customer complaints about their spas running 110v.  You just need to be aware that it will take the tub longer to heat up on refills and if you are using the spa in the winter in a colder climate it will not maintain its heat as well as it would running 220v.

btmonroe

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
Great, thanks for your input.

I never heard anyone else mention any other tubs in that range running a 110v.  I have looked at the Solana SX, but probably too small for me.

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:11 am »
The Nordic's are a great tub for the money. Plus they have a two year parts and labor warranty that comes with them. I have been impressed with them!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 12:24:40 pm »
Nordic is a nice tub, But there are others out there on the market that run on 110 that are not small, D1 Journey, South Pacific Quadra or Compact, Marquis Quest, Mirage, Retreat, I believe Tiger River has one as well, these are just a few, Most of these spas the electrical warranty will be a year longer on the warranty, except the South Pacific it is less. But again the Nordic is a decent spa, i know several years ago when i i sold them if you had a leak you had to pull the shell out of the skirt, thats been over 10 years, don't know if that is still the case or not.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

btmonroe

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:03:27 pm »
I like the tiger river line.  Do you think I could get one for $5k or less?  I would pay an extra $1k for a better tub (cir pump, better insulated,e tc).  

Note:
Ah just called the local dealer, and he said Hot Springs discontiuned that tub 1/1/2011.  Bummber.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:10:35 pm by btmonroe »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:03:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42