What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just brought home a used tub. Worked when I bought it. Now no heat....  (Read 2144 times)

bobbo7410

Just picked up a 2 person Solana TX. Worked great at the guys house, packed it all up and took it home. Now doesn't seem to be acting right...

2 of the 3 jets aren't pumping, my guess is the lines are filled with ice (sat for 2 days). The main jet is still open so the loop is complete, thus it shouldn't have a problem heating up (and eventually melting the other 2 jet lines).

The main issue is I notice when I put my hand to the long heating tube, even after about 20 minutes, it's still cold...
The tub is acting normal... it senses the temperature is too low and kicks on the low jets to increase it, and there are no error messages given in terms of popping the pressure switch, just the heat doesn't seem to be working...

I'm assuming the heater tube should be warm/hot to the touch? I'm quite confused... any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I will be checking this post constantly.

edit::

Yeah I realize now it won't exactly feel warm to the touch until the water equalizes. Thinking of it from the other end of the spectrum, freezing cold water rushing past a heating element is a pretty good form of cooling. The temperature has been slowly rising. All is well. (I'm hoping the rear jets unfreeze)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:42:55 am by bobbo7410 »

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Just brought home a used tub. Worked when I bought it. Now no heat....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:25:17 am »
If its hoooked up 115v it'll take about 24 hrs to come up to temp and you won't really feel the temp difference at the outlet. Give it time to determine if its heating up, you're probably fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Just brought home a used tub. Worked when I bought it. Now no heat....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:25:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42