What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Depot brand spa, Anyone know anything about them?  (Read 5406 times)

trswenson67

Spa Depot brand spa, Anyone know anything about them?
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:35:00 pm »
Hello,
I am looking at buying a refurbished SPA DEPOT brand hot tub/spa.  I can talk about the deal later, first I want to know something about this spa and am struggling mightily to even find out when the company was/is in business.  Any general to specific info on the brand would be great.  Thank You
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:55:37 pm by trswenson67 »

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Depot brand spa, Anyone know anything about them?
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:35:00 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Spa Depot brand spa, Anyone know anything about them?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:29:33 am »
Welcome to the forum.  All I can add is I've seen one or two around.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:32:12 pm »
I think once upon a time they were manufactured by Aber.  Not sure about that but Aber made pretty good hot tubs.  Their Pacific Spas brand was very well thought of.  Of course it all comes down to specification.  Not sure who would make them now as Aber went out of business I believe.

trswenson67

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:10:04 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
I have found a little bit of info through old blogs connecting Spa Depot branded spa's to Coleman & Maax.  The rumor is the Elite series by Maax evolved from Spa Depot.  Have not been able to confirm it as of yet.  I'll research Aber and Pacific Spas next.  Thanks again...

Charger Fan

• Go Bolts!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 12:01:23 am »
You are correct.  Spa Depot was a private label first manufactured by L.A. Spas and then later manufactured by MAAX Spas (who also had the Coleman name at that time).  Elite Spas by MAAX evolved from the former Spa Depot models.

trswenson67

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:23 pm »
Charger Fan,
Thank you for a 2nd confirmation.  Makes me feel better about picking a used one up (refurbished & Cheap$).  I believe the Coleman/Maax connection is a good thing.  The L.A. spa connection is so so.  All based on opinions I've read.  As long as it works well, and the wife is Happy, I'm happy too.
 ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42