What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Updated - A little help needed - Converting 120v to 230v  (Read 2187 times)

bikz

Updated - A little help needed - Converting 120v to 230v
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:49 am »
Updated if you've been following this post.

While I'm not a certified electrician I can read wiring diagrams and am comfortable with my ability to follow instructions that are specific and complete. It's when we're provided half the information that we get in trouble. Why do they do that? Here's where I've run into trouble. Please help if you can.

Currently the only thing I'm not 100% clear on relates to two of the wiring conversion instructions(found on page 24, 25, 26 of Owners Manual pdf http://www.hotspring.com/pdfs/owners_manual_2010.pdf)

This 230 Volt Conversion Instruction specifically.  Step 2 diagram states: Leave Terminal Block Power Jumper 6-7 in place. Resolved It was a small pin sandwiched between two pieces of plastic and invisible - unless - you knew exactly where to look.

And, this statement on page 26 of pdf - IMPORTANT: Service Technician must reconfigure spa using the soft jumpers to allow spa heater to run concurrent with jet pump.  
Unresolved - the answer to this question should come shortly. Because it's a question of function and not something that could do harm...that's OK.

Resolution.  :)

All it took was the right person(the manufacturers dealer rep - and great guy I might add) who knew just who to call for answers to my questions. As stated earlier the instructions provided were less than adequate to properly perform the task, even he agreed.

Another lesson learned(and we're never to old to learn). No matter how thorough a person is in assessing who their buying something from(in this instance the dealer). You don't know who they are until you need him/her after the purchase is complete. I not only would never buy anything from this clown again, I would never set foot in his store. Having been a business owner myslef I believe in being loyal to locally owned business'....it's a shame some don't conduct their business' with the same attitude towards their customers. SAD
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:31:42 pm by bikz »
There are three kinds of men. Those who learn by reading. Those who learn by observation. And, those who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Hot Tub Forum

Updated - A little help needed - Converting 120v to 230v
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42