What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inter-spa  (Read 8606 times)

Yakman

Inter-spa
« on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »
Have a 1997 HS Grandee- has developed several leaks none of which the service people can find. Also the wood cabinet is falling apart.  Looking at several replacements-anyone heard of Inter-spa?

Hot Tub Forum

Inter-spa
« on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Inter-spa
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 09:02:38 pm »
You own a Cadillac, and you're asking about a Ford Fiesta... on top of which, they're trying to convince you that Ford  Fiesta normally sells for what a Bentley does, but they're giving you a "special" discount.

They list no address  on their website...the first sign to RUN, fast as fast can be.

In addition, the fact that they sell "direct" and their ONLY form of payment is pAYPAL, TELLS ME THEY'RE not A REAL COMPANY...BUT MORE LIKELY SOME FLY BY NIGHT COMPANY RESELLING SOME OTHER BRAND.

Anyone with a valid credit card can get a paypal account (they charge a merchant fee about double what a normal bank does). A true, reputable company, would be capable of processing credit cards through their own bank.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:09:10 pm »
Their website is registered to a;

Neal Lappe
   PO Box 998
   Midlothian, Virginia 23113

That's a pretty small factory there in that PO Box.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Yakman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 10:09:48 pm »
I was pretty skeptical about this company since I didn't see any mention of them in these threads.  We are looking to put our house up for sale this spring, and the boss said we can't sell it with a leaking tub that is also cosmetically in bad shape.  I'm looking for a replacement to go with the house and also use it until the house sells.  Don't want to sink a lot of money in a Hot Springs or similar priced tub. Any suggestion on a reasonably priced tub?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:39:55 pm »
Do you HAVE to replace the spa (asthetic reasons)?

More than likely you wont recoup the cost of the spa in the sale.

Yakman

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 11:06:58 pm »
I would rather fix the old one and do some cosmetic repair.  There are at least 2 leaks, it looses about 5" water/week.  I have already spent $600 trying to find the leak.  Have someone else coming in a week to take a look at it. Don't want to keep putting a lot of money into this old unit. Also with the housing market like it is, it may take 2 years to sell the house. We have had it for sale for 2 years in the past without a single offer. The boss thinks a new tub will help sell the house

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:10:56 am »
Have you tried a fix-a-leak/leak seal product?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »
Can use just remove the tub, leaving a "spa ready" place for the owner to put one or will the vacant spot be an eyesore?  Could the tub location be used for something else like a patio, planting or whatever?  Not everyone wants a tub and those who do may prefer to choose the right tub for their situation.  If a seller told me "and the tub is great  - recently new"  I would be thinking "too bad you put that in 'cause I don't want to pay for it" and I am thinking that for the tub alone 5-10K should be knocked off the asking price.  Obviously the owner may be thinking the house is worth more with the tub.  And maybe the boss is thinking that either way it will make the house easier to sell, but I am not so sure of that.

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 03:49:34 pm »
Personally, if I couldn't reasonably repair the hot tub to sellable condition, I'd get rid of it and just leave the pad.  I've tried to sell two houses with a hot tub.  I wanted to include the reasonable re-sell price in the price of my house.  Both times, the hot tub got negotiated right out of the sale. 

I wouldn't buy a brand new one to put there.  You just won't recoup the cost.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »
You're lucky they didn't negotiate out the cost of removal and disposal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42