What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Purchase Advice, Please!  (Read 4752 times)

Hot Tubber

Hot Tub Purchase Advice, Please!
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:31:59 am »
I've owned a Sundance Cameo for 11 years (purchased it in 1999); it needs several repairs, so we've decided to purchase a new tub (I should note we've had some issues with our Sundance - had to replace pumps 3xs, etc & now have a leak).  Went looking yesterday and was a bit sticker shocked for a 2010 Cameo for $10K.  Also looked at Pinnacle PN741 for $5300.  I've used my tub almost everyday for 11 years & am concerned about my hydro-therapy happiness if we purchase the Pinnacle.  No wet test is available (wholesale direct deal).  Is my spidey sense tingling for a reason or would the Pinnacle provide the same happiness??????  I reside in the Chicagoland area and I have some concerns of what I read about Pinnacle's lack of insulation & after market parts....we can have brutally cold winters here.  Any advice is much appreciated!  Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Purchase Advice, Please!
« on: November 07, 2010, 11:31:59 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hot Tub Purchase Advice, Please!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:06:41 pm »
Sounds like you have given yourself good advice. :-\
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:09 pm »
I would worry about 2 basic things

1) Energy efficiency. If this is as well insulated as I suspect that money you think you are saving will just be given to the utulity company monthly. They ALL say they are well insulated and have a story for it but there are huge differences between the haves and the have nots. A poorly insulated spa in an area like yours can cost $40-80+ more per month on average to operate.

2) Quality. In general how well is it made? Plus, your current spa needs repair; does that mean you don't usually tackle these things?  Does this "wholesale direct deal" come from a local dealer who will cover these problems under warranty at least? If so is this someone who has carried them awhile so they know the product and can you expect them to still be carrying this product a few years from now?

You don't have to spend $10k to get a quality made spa. If your budget is less look at some of the other options from the top spa makers.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:16:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42