What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: long distance move for tub?  (Read 4286 times)

lat61

long distance move for tub?
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:45:50 pm »
I recently found out that we are, in all likelihood, relocating, and I would dearly love to bring our tub (Jacuzzi 335) with us.  However, it's not your standard move -- Alaska down to the lower 48.  Is this feasible?  The tub is only 3-4 years old so I hate to sell for a loss then re-buy.   Also, I don't want to lose the warranties.

If it is feasible, can someone give pointers on how to go about it the right way?  E.g., things to ask movers about, insurance (obviously needed), etc.    We would be using professional movers, and I think (hope, pray) that company will cover moving expenses or at least give us a goodly moving allowance.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

long distance move for tub?
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:45:50 pm »

Vanguard

Re: long distance move for tub?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:50:40 pm »
They are movable and you won't lose your warranty since you are still the owner.  You'll just need to interview the moving company to see how knowledgeable they are about moving spas.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »
I recently found out that we are, in all likelihood, relocating, and I would dearly love to bring our tub (Jacuzzi 335) with us.  However, it's not your standard move -- Alaska down to the lower 48.  Is this feasible?  The tub is only 3-4 years old so I hate to sell for a loss then re-buy.   Also, I don't want to lose the warranties.

If it is feasible, can someone give pointers on how to go about it the right way?  E.g., things to ask movers about, insurance (obviously needed), etc.    We would be using professional movers, and I think (hope, pray) that company will cover moving expenses or at least give us a goodly moving allowance.

Thanks!

You in Anchorage area?

lat61

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 06:14:25 pm »
Yes, in Anchorage, and it looks like we are headed down to your neck of the woods (sort of) -- returning to Seattle.

Do you have a recommendation?  Would love to get one.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:37:51 pm »
 As far as shipping your movers should do alright, just make sure you get all or as much of the water out remove filters so the don't mold, they may lay it flat in the moving truck assuming its a semi type? If not the may load it on its side, just make sure it is wrapped to the hilt!  There is a great spa company in Seattle called Aqua Quip (they sell Jacuzzi and Sundance) I am sure they can take care of you, if they can't I probably can.

I moved down from Alaska prolly 13 years or so ago.   I ran a big shipping dock in Dutch Hbr for 12 years, previous to that I worked on coastal freighters for 6 years going from Seattle to all over Alaska and just shy of Russia.   I like it down here just a tad bit better  ;D   I do miss Alaska from time to time, specially the fishing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 06:37:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42