What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: caldera niagra  (Read 2629 times)

woodzeeewife

caldera niagra
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:15:03 pm »
We let the jacuzzi tub go. They were not willing to negotiate. We are looking at a Caldera Niagra 2010 for 8000.00 with a cover lifter,steps,delivery and startup chemicals. Is that a good price.  I was wondering if all hot tubs share intensity between the 2 seats on the same pump?

Hot Tub Forum

caldera niagra
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:15:03 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: caldera niagra
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »
We let the jacuzzi tub go. They were not willing to negotiate. We are looking at a Caldera Niagra 2010 for 8000.00 with a cover lifter,steps,delivery and startup chemicals. Is that a good price.  I was wondering if all hot tubs share intensity between the 2 seats on the same pump?

That does seem like a good price by itself and the fact it includes a lifter makes it very good I believe (cover, delivery & start up chems are always standard, simple plastic steps are often included but lifters are typically separate). Also, if you mean diverters that switch jets on/off between seats, they are commonly used as you describe.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

woodzeeewife

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:42:46 pm »
yes it has a diverter between two seats. when you make it full power on one seat it shuts off the water to the other seat.  Is that how all tubs are?

Jet Sitter

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »
woodzee - No, all tubs are not like that.  Some have no diverters, some have more pumps - it just depends.  Many tubs have diverters to allow you to concentrate the power on particular seats.  If you have many people who will be using the tub at the same time, maybe having more power available with more pumps might be worthwhile (although there are other factors - more pumps won't necessarily mean more power from the jets or better hydrotherapy).  If it is just one or two people who will mainly use the tub, diverters can be usefull if you want a quick and  easy way to increase power in particular seats.  I assume that there is a middle setting where you can get power to both seats at the same time?  ideaaly when both seats are being served by the diverter you will still get a good massage in each.  My tub has a diverter but I rarely use it - only if I had a really hard workout and want to hit the muscles with a deeper massage for a short time.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »
Also - don't feel like you have to decide today.  While it is true that sometimes a great price on a floor model or last year's model in stock will be a one of a kind deal, usually a dealer's price will not only be available for a short time.  Don't let the idea of a sale price tempt you into a hasty decision.  Check out all reputable brands and dealers in your area and be well informed when you pull the trigger.

woodzeeewife

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:06:54 pm »
Thanks. We really liked the tub and have looked at sundance tubs as well. The comperable sized tubs from both places were quite different in price. I think we may go with the Caldera. Do you think the sundance tubs are better or are we comparing apples to apples?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »
Thanks. We really liked the tub and have looked at sundance tubs as well. The comperable sized tubs from both places were quite different in price. I think we may go with the Caldera. Do you think the sundance tubs are better or are we comparing apples to apples?

My personal short list of spa brands I like (in alphabetical order) would be Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. You'll find fans of all of them but each is well made and comes from a reputable company.

Research the spa, get to know the dealer to get a feel for how competent and reliable you think they'll be (how long in spa business, how long servicing, etc.) and obviously you have to factor in price and fit/feel of the product (wet testing is always smart).

Take your time if you are unsure, there should be no rush.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

woodzeeewife

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:16 pm »
Yes that is one thing I learned early on from your forum. We wet tested the Caldera and loved it. I epecially like the volcano where I can put my feet. Thanks for all the info. You guys are great. Everyone should use this resource. I love the promptness in respnse. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42