What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: low flo heater capacity  (Read 2549 times)

abarts

low flo heater capacity
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »
Jacuzzi J-365 will heat with both pumps running on high speed with the 60 amp set up. I understand that the heater is a low flo because the circ pump is low flo and that is what pumps water throughthe heater. My question is can the heater maintain the temp in cold weather (28 to 40 degrees outside temp) with 5 people in it , all jets running and some with the air mix on? I would hope the temp would not drop as much as if I had the 50 amp set up where the heater would not run with both pumps on high. Starting at 104 and setting in the tub for 30 min to one hour.

Hot Tub Forum

low flo heater capacity
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: low flo heater capacity
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:04 am »
The addition of the air will cool any tub. It will be hard for anyone to really answer this question other than to say the 60 amp set up would give you more flexibility in using pumps AND heat. I know my husband would  be upset if the tub temperature dropped below 102 and it took some convincing to make him realize running the air was the thing that cooled the tub the fastest. Wind, even a little bit of wind in the real cold weather also cools the tub faster. So there are too many variables to answer your question...but there are things that you can do to control the heat loss. Not sure if this helps  :-\
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:41:07 am »
  If you have it set at 104 and 5 people get in then add the jets, the water will most likely cool off a bit to say 101 102, one thing you have to consider as mentioned the outside temp.  The colder the air the hotter the water will feel to most, I doubt all of the 5 people will notice a decrease in temp, some may find it to hot and want to sit on the side for a bit.

All that being said yes your spa will probably decrease in temp but running the with the 60 amp should maintain a temp of 101 to maybe 104 which will be hot enough for most.

This would be interesting to try, open the spa and get the 5 people in one by one with out the jets on, just sit for a couple of min and see if the temp drops.  Then hit the pumps one at a time pmp 1 on low then high run for a couple of min see if temp drops.  Then kick on pmp 2 and watch the temp.  Would love to here what it does. 

abarts

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »
Thanks for the info. I will stick with the 60 amp set up, sounds like it might help maintain the heat, and the wire I pulled has the capacity for up to 65 amps, and a little more for the GFI 60 amp breaker. Getting closer to HOT TUB BLISS!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42