What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa- Delivery charge for replacement tub  (Read 2942 times)

MPH

Arctic Spa- Delivery charge for replacement tub
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:02:59 am »
My husband and I have purchased an Arctic Spa Kodiak hot tub in Mississauga, ON that has a crack in the shell that can not be detected. This has been an ongoing issue that is too long to post. The company has agreed to replace my tub since it is still under waranty, but I'm on the hook for a $730 plus tax delivery charge. Is this common practice? Has someone had their tub recently replaced and been charged for delivery while still under waranty.

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spa- Delivery charge for replacement tub
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:02:59 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Arctic Spa- Delivery charge for replacement tub
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 12:40:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum,

I have heard of similar situations and while this is a rare occurence, the charge is fairly common, though I won't speak to the amount. The warranty does cover the tub, but not the cost of transportation.  Arctic will honor the cost of the replacement, but the dealers and people who transport it need to cover their cost.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »
That is going to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and dealer to dealer.  Hot Spring covers it all except extreme situations.  I don't know what the Arctic warranty states.  Have you read it?  Sounds high to me.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
Look at it like a towing charge for your car under warranty...Arctic is no different then anyone else, they all charge a service charge for the shipping and the dealer to go out.

This was probably spelled out in your warranty when you bought the spa

Jacuzzi Calgary

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:50:49 am »
Hi,
I agree with Stuart, this is a normal charge (somewhat high though) to remove a tub under warranty- most (if not all) manufacturer warranties cover the replacement cost of the tub but not the expense to the dealer to pick up the tub or to ship it back to the factory.

Thanks
Darren Jordison GM
Jacuzzi Premium Spas of Calgary

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:50:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42