What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunrise Journey vs. Viking Royale  (Read 6608 times)

RandyS

Sunrise Journey vs. Viking Royale
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:56:09 pm »
I'm still planning to check out a couple more dealers in the area (Phila suburbs) but I'm torn between the Sunrise Journey http://www.sunrisespas.com/journey.php and the Viking Supreme Royale http://vikingspas.com/_webapp_2984884/Supreme-Royale.  They are about the same price ($5800 including lifter, ozonator, lighting).  I can get the Viking in about a week; the Sunrise will take about 4 weeks.

Any thoughts on which is the better deal?  Any others I should consider in this price range?  I want one with a lounger and the leg jets and about the same size (~78" square).  I considered used models but most movers want about $500 to even move it a short distance. 

Your advice is appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

Sunrise Journey vs. Viking Royale
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:56:09 pm »

wrainka

Re: Sunrise Journey vs. Viking Royale
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:14 am »
Hi

I one week into owning my first tub and took the advice I got on here - wet test....we thought we wanted a lounger until we wet tested it and didn't like it at all. We ended up going with the same tub but without a lounger and are really happy we did. 

As far as those two tubs I can't advise but good luck.

RandyS

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 01:16:56 pm »
My wife and I did a wet test of a model similar to the journey.  I am trying to find a viking that I can wet test.  We like the lounge as it helps to massage the lower legs.  We do a lot of marathon training over the winter and we are hoping the hot tub will help recovery a bit. 

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:41:37 am »
Viking makes a relatively simple spa and from what i hear from a few of the independent service techs in my area they are an ok spa.  We just picked up the Freestyle Spas which are now owned and made by Sunrise and I was pleasantly surprised in the quality.  Given my positive experience with Freestyle so far, the fact that Viking has a prorated warranty, I would lean towards the Sunrise.  If both spas work equally well for you then I would go with whichever dealer you are more comfortable with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42