What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with a Caldera Geneva  (Read 3620 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Help with a Caldera Geneva
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:01:09 am »
Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my 2007 Caldera Geneva:

I noticed last night the tub turned on: the pumps started to run.  At first I thought that this might be the daily clean cycle automatically turning on (every 24 hours the tub turns itself on for 9 minutes to clean).  But then the tub turned off a few minutes later, and then immediately turned back on. 

I opened the cover and noticed the display said the tub was 108 (it was set for 101 degrees).

I powered the tub down (turned off everything at the circuit breakers) made sure the filter was clean and seated properly, and then powered the tub back up and set the temp for 99 degrees.  Everything seemed fine.

But, about 1/2 an hour later the tub started to turn itself on again, off again, on again....

Something isn’t right.  I turned the tub off and think I need a service call, but wanted to run this by any techs that might have an idea what this might be....is there something I can check?

I've got a 5 year warranty on the heater and components so this should be covered.

But what the hell would cause this? Faulty thermostat? A hi limit switch on the heater?

Any thoughts?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Help with a Caldera Geneva
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:01:09 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Help with a Caldera Geneva
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:51 am »
Is it turning on high speed or low speed?  1 or both pumps?  T-stat and high limit are tied into circ pump so not related.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:59:14 am »
Is it turning on high speed or low speed?  1 or both pumps?  T-stat and high limit are tied into circ pump so not related.

It looks like pump  1 is turning one (single speed).  Could the high temp be caused by the constant pump running?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:59:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42