What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spa Escape vs. Caldera Marino  (Read 6768 times)

coloradomark

Cal Spa Escape vs. Caldera Marino
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:18:36 pm »
My wife and I are about to buy our first spa.  Wondering what everyone thinks about Cal Spas vs. Calderas.  Specifically, we're looking at either the Cal Spa Escape ES732L or the Caldera Marino.  Salesman at the Caldera place was pushing the fact that Calderas have pool motors instead of spa motors.  I'm pretty ignorant about all this so any advice is appreciate.

Both spas are coming in at around $5500.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spa Escape vs. Caldera Marino
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:18:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Cal Spa Escape vs. Caldera Marino
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »
My wife and I are about to buy our first spa.  Wondering what everyone thinks about Cal Spas vs. Calderas.  Specifically, we're looking at either the Cal Spa Escape ES732L or the Caldera Marino.  Salesman at the Caldera place was pushing the fact that Calderas have pool motors instead of spa motors.  I'm pretty ignorant about all this so any advice is appreciate.

Both spas are coming in at around $5500.

Thanks.

I'm not a fan of Cal and think Caldera is a better option in general (both the product and teh comapny backing them) but ignore that pool motor comment, the motors are not any better in either (unless that Cal has one of those "dualie" motors, not reliable).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:36:01 am »
I am not a fan of Cal Spas myself. Too many issues I've heard about, none of which I have been involved in mysef.
IMO, Caldera is a well known product with a good company behind it in Masco. Wet test them and see what you think.
Good luck and welcome to the family of hottubbers...

Hottubber1 8) 

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:46:20 am »
Based on my experience as a former Cal dealer, I would lean towards the Caldera based on the reputation of the company and the product.  The Escape series from Cal are a descent spa but now that we can see how they are holding up as they start to age, I am very hesitant to recommend them.  Specifically, we have seen issues with the pumps, glue joints, covers, and a general difficulty with Cal.  Wet test both spas and see which dealer you are more comfortable with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:46:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42