What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Cost  (Read 2436 times)

AdmiralAckbar

Spa Cost
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »
I just started shopping around, and finding current United States pricing has been difficult. Right now, I'm wondering what a Jacuzzi J-480 with pretty much all the bells and whistles should cost. I was quoted around $13,900 for the tub, but I feel like that's high. I'm just wondering what I should feel comfortable with paying for a "sale" price.

Also, as I shop more I may come up with more prices and questions. And a list of reputable recommendable spa companies would be nice.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Cost
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Spa Cost
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 01:11:49 pm »
I just started shopping around, and finding current United States pricing has been difficult. Right now, I'm wondering what a Jacuzzi J-480 with pretty much all the bells and whistles should cost. I was quoted around $13,900 for the tub, but I feel like that's high. I'm just wondering what I should feel comfortable with paying for a "sale" price.

Also, as I shop more I may come up with more prices and questions. And a list of reputable recommendable spa companies would be nice.

That price sounds about typical for that spa (depending on what is included) but personally it's also why I think the 300 series gives you far better value with Jacuzzi than the 400 series. If that price is in your budget go for it but its a bit too much flash for cash for me as I'm not a big fan of some of the $14k offerings in the market but not because they aren't great spas but more because there are many other very good options for far less (like the 300 series from Jacuzzi) that are a better value IMO.

As far as other reputable choices to go along with Jacuzzi I'd personally look at others in the $9k-11k or so range such as Caldera Geneva/Niagara, D1 Chairman/Diplomat/Nautilus, Hot Spring Grandee/Vista/Envoy & Sundance Optima/Cameo.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:59:07 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dark rider

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:22:43 am »
Jacuzzi makes very nice tubs, but my dealer's prices were also on what I considered the high side.  IIRC (didn't get a written quote), they were right at $13K for the J470. FWIW, Sundance is now owned by Jacuzzi. Personally, I felt like Sundance's 880 series (Cameo/Optima) were a better value at about $10K.    They're more closely priced to the 300 series, but closer in features to the 400 series.  As Spatech_tuo suggested, don't be afraid to shop the competition, and be sure to wet test!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:22:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42