What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tall and short  (Read 4577 times)

joppa

tall and short
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »
New condo construction project almost ready to go...  4th floor "spa" balcony to be 10' x 12'...
Comfortable with both the local Caldera dealer and Sundance dealer...
With balcony size limitations thinking Sundance Marin or Caldera Martinique...
I'm 6'3" she is 5'3"...  Can I fit in the lounger, will she drown?
Other thoughts re:size on balcony or anything...
haven't wet tested yet.  I'll be able to try the brands but but unlikely these actual models will be available...

Hot Tub Forum

tall and short
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: tall and short
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:45:45 am »
Welcome to the forum.  This is a classic predicament. My sister at 4'11" had this problem and she ends up needing a booster seat to sit in some spots of her tub. (HS Vanguard) .
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
New condo construction project almost ready to go...  4th floor "spa" balcony to be 10' x 12'...
Comfortable with both the local Caldera dealer and Sundance dealer...
With balcony size limitations thinking Sundance Marin or Caldera Martinique...
I'm 6'3" she is 5'3"...  Can I fit in the lounger, will she drown?
Other thoughts re:size on balcony or anything...
haven't wet tested yet.  I'll be able to try the brands but but unlikely these actual models will be available...

Those are VERY similar spas from two good spa makers. Wet testing and dealer confidence are usually what we'd point to as help so I'm not sure what to say other than maybe see which simply gives you the better price and options.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:00 pm »
Both are very good spa brands like Satech pointed out. You said going to wettest, i think you should have them setup the spas you want to test. For instance in the Sundance they put you in a Cameo you will probably fit, but the lounger size is different in the Marin. Likewise on the Hot Springs....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:07:20 pm »
My husband is 6'2" and I'm 5'4" so that is close to what you are dealing with.  He didn't fit in the lounger of the Sundance Marin, it was too short but he fit perfectly in the Cameo lounger.  One of the seats is deep and the water is usually up to my chin but the other one is shallow and the water only comes to the top of my shoulders.  If you don't want to wet test, you can pretty much tell just by sitting in them dry how you will fit.  Hope that helps.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:56:32 pm »
Vlady,
 your right that is why i posted, i think with there size constraints they want i think they may need to move up to a bigger spa like the Sundance Cameo, D1 Californian, Hot Springs Vista... joppa how is the search going?
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:56:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42