What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help in decision  (Read 2655 times)

Little Joe

Need help in decision
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »
Have never had a hot tub.  Have opportunity to purchase two year old used Caldera Geneva and four year old Sundance Maxxus for apx. same money.  Dealers for both are available locally.  Like the Maxxus as majority of time will only be spouse and I (and i'm BIG at 6'1 and 320#) and the two lounge/ seat arrangement works.  Spouse likes Geneva because it is newer.  Your input suggestions comments about reliability, performance, powwer consumption etc will be VERY welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Need help in decision
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need help in decision
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:06:14 am »
Have never had a hot tub.  Have opportunity to purchase two year old used Caldera Geneva and four year old Sundance Maxxus for apx. same money.  Dealers for both are available locally.  Like the Maxxus as majority of time will only be spouse and I (and i'm BIG at 6'1 and 320#) and the two lounge/ seat arrangement works.  Spouse likes Geneva because it is newer.  Your input suggestions comments about reliability, performance, powwer consumption etc will be VERY welcome.  Thanks in advance.

1) Personally, few things make less sense to me than the few spa models out there with two lounges but in reality the Maxxus really has 1. It has more defined seating than the Geneva wich is more open which I kind of prefer but no right or wrong to that though a couple of those seats may be tight for you based on yor size.

2) Reliabilty and performance should be similar. The Maxxus may use a little more power due to size but not substantial.

3) Warranties do not transfer so its all about condition. The age may play a factor with the Geneva being newer but pay attantion to condition. If equal I'd lean toward the newer one.

4) You have 2 options, use that fact. Make each of them an counter offer knowing the other is available.

5) If all is equal, go with the wifes choice to keep her happy and wanting to use the spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Little Joe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:17 pm »
Thanks.  Best part of advice was...'"Keep wife happy".  I'm an EXTREMELY fortunate man in that my esteemed spouse is easy to please.  All I have to do is agree with her or be wrong!!!  Unfortunately, i'm often wrong and find my feet firmly planted in air.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42