What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Hot Tubs and in need of help  (Read 5461 times)

kkaudio

New to Hot Tubs and in need of help
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:27:58 am »
Im new to hot tubs I have been in a very few and know very little about them so am in need of help.

I would like a tub that is quite  during use and also easy to maintain.  I hope to use it year round.  Im in the middle Tennessee area  where as with most of you we have had strange weather had the coldest winter in a long time alot of days under 15 degrees  and this summer has been the hottest in 13 years with 31 days streight of 90 degrees +.   

I have looked at a few different tubs in this area  seen one dealer come and go with in the last 3-4 months that I have been looking.  The other 2 dealers in my area I like the ones non agressive sales way but the other is very high pressure  so I have not really looked at there tubs due to I do not like someone hanging over my shoulder the whole time.    I really like the looks and info I have gotten on one of the tubs  but it is really alot higher then I would like to spend.   I do like the placement and higher powered GPM jets in some of the areas due to I do have some neck and back issues.

the Tub I have fallen for is the My Show by Marquis I would not be getting the TV  or audio  on this.  I have not been able to find another place with this model for a price compersion  so I dont resally know if the price they quoted me is high low or fair for it they have thrown in 2 years worth of chemicals  and some other goodies. 

If you know of something close or like this or any info to look for please let me know
Thank You
Joe

Hot Tub Forum

New to Hot Tubs and in need of help
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:27:58 am »

kkaudio

Re: New to Hot Tubs and in need of help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:02:46 pm »
anyone give me any ideas?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »
anyone give me any ideas?

My personal short list includes Caldera, D1, Hot Spring Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. If you like the Marquis get it. If you're unsure still its best to look at a few others so you hafve something to reference the Marquis against. You may find its still the best for you or you may find there is another you like more. Take your time and wet test.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kkaudio

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:48 pm »
Im going up and wet test the Marquis  this week they have it on the floor  is 14,500  a good price set up and everything with 2 years of the chemicals and a umbrella for steps and 200 in store credit  they tell me this tub retails at 18000-19000 but all I have to go by is what there telling me  the model Im looking at is The Show I am not getting the radio or tv with it.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:15:41 pm »
Cool looking tub.  Sounds way overpriced to me.  What else have you looked at?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kkaudio

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:34:49 pm »
I have also looked at a Calspa and a Sundance I have not been able to find many spa places around only know of 2 that are open family lesiure and pool and spa depot.  Im going to do some more research just I knew more on the priceing and such

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 07:52:39 am »

Great looking tub from a good manufacturer, but that price without a TV or audio sounds like the fantasy MRSP.
There should be a lot of room to bargain if this is your favorite.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:53 am »
I have a Marquis Epic, and I think that as far as therapy, it is one of the best. When you wet test, be sure to include a stop in this tub. It is large and more geared for therapy than for the glitz that the Show offers. I think it should also cost a bit less. In particular, be sure to try the therapy pillar and the deep therapy seat on the left of the waterfall. If you aren't interested in the TV and audio, you may find the Epic is more suited to your needs..

Marquis is a great company with wonderful customer service, so I know you will be happy with your purchase.

I will see if I can get a comparison price range for you, but be aware that it is impossible to compare prices across the country. Also I would try to sort out the goodies..like do you need an umbrella for the steps? Would you rather have $$ off the tub?  Also ask about financing..sometimes paying cash will help you get a better price.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 11:39:18 am »
Im going up and wet test the Marquis  this week they have it on the floor  is 14,500  a good price set up and everything with 2 years of the chemicals and a umbrella for steps and 200 in store credit  they tell me this tub retails at 18000-19000 but all I have to go by is what there telling me  the model Im looking at is The Show I am not getting the radio or tv with it.

Personally I think 14,500 is way overpriced for a Show. I'm not knocking the spa, I just think there are a lot of great spas out there similarly sized and featured for $2-4k less than that. How much for the Epic there?

When I look at Caldera Geneva/Niagara, D1 Californian/Chairman/Diplomat, HotSpring Envoy/Grandee/Vista, Jacuzzi 365/375 and Sundance Optima/Cameo I see brands/models definitely on par with Marquis IMO for noticeably less $$.

If the Show is for you just make sure to negotiate firmly off that inflated price.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:51:37 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 12:35:42 pm »
did I say something wrong Spatech?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 12:57:04 pm »
did I say something wrong Spatech?

No, for a minute there I forgot how to post properly LOL.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:46 pm »
Yes, based on what I am finding ..you probably could get a better price. My dealer also sells Caldera and he suggested that you also look at them. I would just say, don't be encouraged by the extras..because are they really worth it? Also, be sure that what you are seeing in brochures or on the internet actually will meet your needs. That Show tub has two lounge type seats. My husband loves the lounge in our tub, but I prefer the deep therapy seat..there are more choices in the Epic..but you really have to wet test to see if either tub is a good choice for you.

kkaudio

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 09:26:26 am »
Thank You fot the help.   Also to clear up a few things the umbrellia is for the outdoor table I have  I am need of buying one also  so that is sort of something that will get used right away apx value 199.00  the steps are also included in the deal along with 2 years of the minerals  steps apx 150-200 minerals apx 200-250 per year.  and a 200 doller gift card incase I need more stuff.   the total price out the door im looking at is 14300.00 that is delivered about 40 miles from there location setup and tax included Tax is about 1200.00 of the cost.

I am not looking at the tv or audio on the one I want part way is that is the profesion Im in doing whole house audio and video.

I have looked at the epic also and I do like the one seat with the piller of jets in it It is about 1500-2000 less if im not mistaken.  Ill know more after this weekend when I get to wet test some on Fri.  I like the idea the idea of 2 loungers but also have read alot where some people dont like the loungers at all I have a friend who she is going up with me to try it also she is shorter 5 3  to see how the fit and such is for her also. 

I do want to say thank you for all the feed back and ideas I have gotten and also I am trying to find a Caldera dealer around where I am I did find a hot spring dealer  but he he only has one tub and says they do not do wet test so that was sorta a turn off of the tubs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 09:26:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42