What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sanitation questions  (Read 4039 times)

neacr1

Sanitation questions
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:59:32 pm »
Hi All,
I read a post on another forum and Hot Tub Aficionado said "I like the ozone, AG+ and MPS method" as opposed to the spa frog. My Caldera Niagara has the frog system and ozone. I'm not sure what AG+ and MPS are but would like more info if anyone can help with that. I am currently using Bromine because it came in the starter kit but would like to use chlorine (I think) once that runs out. If I switch to chlorine do I still need the mineral cartridge?? I'm looking to treat the water as inexpensively as possible but would like simplicity as well. Is that a pipe dream??
Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Sanitation questions
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:59:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Sanitation questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:59:41 am »
Hi All,
I read a post on another forum and Hot Tub Aficionado said "I like the ozone, AG+ and MPS method" as opposed to the spa frog. My Caldera Niagara has the frog system and ozone. I'm not sure what AG+ and MPS are but would like more info if anyone can help with that. I am currently using Bromine because it came in the starter kit but would like to use chlorine (I think) once that runs out. If I switch to chlorine do I still need the mineral cartridge?? I'm looking to treat the water as inexpensively as possible but would like simplicity as well. Is that a pipe dream??
Thanks,

When you switch to chlorine just tell your dealer you want to also use Nature 2 (aka AG+) which is a mineral cartidge also. It is a definite help to water care but you can do without it so if you want to save $ you can try just chlorine and see how it works first before you add the Nature 2.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

neacr1

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:18:59 am »
Is there a chlorine cartridge for the spa frog or do I add it manually?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:53 pm »
Add manually.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42