What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too many choice....any advice greatly appreciated  (Read 5012 times)

tubhunting

Too many choice....any advice greatly appreciated
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:12:26 am »
Hi All,

Hunting for hot tub.  Narrowed down some of the options and settled on models with no lounger.

Wet tested the following:

Jacuzzi 365 $8300 + tax
Caldera Niagara $10,500 + tax
Hot Spring Grande $10,000 + tax
Limelight Pulse $8900 +tax.

The Niagara is coming out on top so far with my wife..but I like the lower priced ones :).  Any thoughts or other manufacturer suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Too many choice....any advice greatly appreciated
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:12:26 am »

Vanguard

Re: Too many choice....any advice greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:59:01 am »
Those are all good brands.  Which one did you like the best after wet testing?  You really won't go wrong with any of the brands.  It will come down to your comfort level with the dealer and which spa was most comfortable for you and your family.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:40:26 pm »
Those are all good options. As far as the pricing goes, its not my $$ but if you think they are equal then save the diffence, otherwise think of that difference spread over the next decade+ and look at what more you may be getting from one to another. In the end get the spa you TRULY like best from a dealer you think will be therr for you after the sale.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:47:19 pm »
they are all very good brands, does your wife like the others solely on the lower price of is there specific features she likes,,,but again i do not think you can go wrong with any of them.. happy spa search
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

tubhunting

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:24 am »
I'm the one happier with the lower price :).  It seems that the models we like are all in the 8-10K range.  For 2 K difference I am inclined to get the one my wife really likes (Niagara).  But if I could find a half decent tub for  around 6 or 7K...then the difference in price would make me take a serious look and wet test....any ideas on tub models in the 6/7K price range?

Thanks for all the feedback so far

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 11:24:05 am »
Each of those brands have spas at lower prices. You and the wife just have to decide how much spa (/features) you want.

tubhunting

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 11:30:16 am »
Thanks...I am going to go look at a 2009 Caldera Hawaiian LE for $5,595+tx  - a few less bells and whistles as the LE is a special edition....but I am liking the price :0

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 03:27:52 pm »
nothing wrong with that. if that works for you guys then go for it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »
Thanks...I am going to go look at a 2009 Caldera Hawaiian LE for $5,595+tx  - a few less bells and whistles as the LE is a special edition....but I am liking the price :0
That seems like a good alternative if you like what you're seeing but the price is holding you back because the costs of those extra features add up..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:21:00 pm by Spatech_tuo »

tubhunting

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 11:13:23 am »
Decided to go with the Jacuzzi - J365. Thanks for all your input. Next is the deck project as by backyard is a mess - removed above ground pool - now have ufo landing spot that needs to be taken care of.

CA_Strom

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »
Decided to go with the Jacuzzi - J365. Thanks for all your input. Next is the deck project as by backyard is a mess - removed above ground pool - now have ufo landing spot that needs to be taken care of.

Good choice, I got my J365 a little over a month ago and I've been using it almost daily.I'm very happy with the quality/features at the price I paid.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 07:54:12 am »

We  look forward to hearing how the installation and first soak goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:22:30 pm »
well first off, good job on all the wet test you have done! You would be surprised how many people want to purchase a new hot tub with out testing it first.
All of the hot tubs you have tested are beautiful tubs in their own ways. I how ever would recommend that you go in for 1 more wet test with the Jacuzzi J-365 before you make your choice. For over fifty years, Jacuzzi has been a brand name of hot tub that has surpassed the competition in innovation and quality. Once you have experienced the many features and luxuries that Jacuzzi has to offer, you will never question why you bought one in the first place.

Its great that you beleive in your product and want to promote Jacuzzi here vigorously and personally I'd agree they are one of the better options available (IMO) but while the Jacuzzi brothers may go back many years, Jacuzzi has not been making hot tubs for 50 years. As far as innovation and quality, while I won't argue they're solid in that area, to say they "surpass the competition" really should have an "IMO" following it .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:15:57 pm by Forum Admin »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »
I would agree with Spatech on this, they have not made spas that long, yes they are a stable company, they do make a great spa, but again to surpass everyone else. if this is tue there would be no competitors making spas.....again  i would put IMO...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42