What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga spa has a crack with water jetting in through the crack.  (Read 2451 times)

Butchfragrance

Ok so my girlfriends mother sold her, her old spa.  It is a full foam spa.  After wiring and filling it I noticed leaking water when jet 1 was running.  Figured I had a leaking pipe.  To my suprise I found a crack inside the spa with water jetting in the crack.  Im thinking a pipe broke somewhere and the water has worked its way through the foam and broke through the fiberglass as its only place to go.  I have started digging in the foam and am close to the leak, but the foam is getting very hard.  My questions are has eneyone ever encountered a problem like this? Also, is it OK to dig into the hard foam?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Saratoga spa has a crack with water jetting in through the crack.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  This is a common problem, and I'm sure you will receive replies from people far more qualified than me to answer, but  if you think your close to the leak, dig away, it can be replaced.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Butchfragrance

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 04:18:19 pm »
Thanks for the welcome and the reply.  Im sure being as that I only got the spa last week and im already here, im here to stay.  Anyone have any idea exactly what might be leaking?  Im pretty handy, and would like to get it fixed by myself, but if it is something pretty bad I will call a pro.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:29:42 pm »
The foam Saratoga used was also used for support for the shell which is why it is so dense.  The place I work for sold Saratoga from 1996-2005 and they were a good spa.  Usually when there were plumbing leaks in the foam it was due to the spa being frozen.  Be careful as you get near the shell as the shells were not the thickest.  If for some reason you put the tub up on blocks to dig from the bottom make sure to put supports under the footwell.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:29:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42