What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-470 Startup  (Read 6120 times)

vortmaximum

J-470 Startup
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »
New tub is finally arriving this week.  I've been searching for information on starting up that brand.  Haven't found much.  Other than filling it up with water and turning it on, any pre fill cleaning or prepping I need to do to the tub?

Hot Tub Forum

J-470 Startup
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »

Vanguard

Re: J-470 Startup
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:22:46 pm »
I always think it is a good idea to take your tap water to your dealer for testing.  He can tell you what chems you will need when you start up the spa. 

You shouldn't have to do any cleaning of the spa when it comes in.  Usually, you just fill and add proper chems to the water and you're good to go.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:24:59 am »
I can't speak to the model, but most of the time we recommend you remove a filter and put your hose into the filter compartment.  Why not go see if the Jacuzzi user manual is on their website and take a look what they say?   I'll look forward to hearing how your start up and first soak goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

vortmaximum

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:37:55 am »
Got it, thanks.  I like lots of information.  Will have to post some pics of the before and after once up and running.

CA_Strom

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:41 am »
I just got my J-365 filled/started on Saturday.  My dealer had me unscrew the top of each filter cartridge and put the water hose in there for 5 mins each to start the filling.  I'm using aqua finesse for my chems and that couldn't have been easier.  I added 7 oz. of aqua finesse, and placed the small chlorine tablet bottle in the skimmer bag.  Fired it up and all is good so far.  Water is crystal clear and I've used the tub several times.  Lastly, the dealer recommended that I rinse the two filters every other day for the first week, then weekly.

vortmaximum

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:50:14 pm »
Thanks.  I've been waiting almost 8 weeks!  Seems easy enough.   Just need to make sure it is wired up properly.  Running it on 60amp so I can have heater going with both pumps running.  A must in the great white north!

Jacuzzi dealers I see it is a 3 wire setup 2 hot and a ground.  The owners manual mentioned that the tubs are shipped based on a 50hz config and I may need to make a modification for 60amp.  Can't seem to see anything in manual that explains what if any modification I need to do.  Any information is appreciated.

CA_Strom

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »
Thanks.  I've been waiting almost 8 weeks!  Seems easy enough.   Just need to make sure it is wired up properly.  Running it on 60amp so I can have heater going with both pumps running.  A must in the great white north!

Jacuzzi dealers I see it is a 3 wire setup 2 hot and a ground.  The owners manual mentioned that the tubs are shipped based on a 50hz config and I may need to make a modification for 60amp.  Can't seem to see anything in manual that explains what if any modification I need to do.  Any information is appreciated.

I just did this on Saturday.  It's covered in the manual with the wiring schematic.  I have a 60amp 3 wire set up as well, and to get both pumps and heater to work, you need to switch the jumpers.  It comes from the factory with the 50amp config.  For my j-365, I left the stock jumper between 3-4 and had to add a jumper between pins 5-6 to enable the 60amp programming.  The jumpers are tiny, but I used a very small pair of needlenose.  My extra jumper was placed vertically across two pins at the top of the panel.  I removed this extra jumper and placed it across 5-6 and everything works just fine now. 

Look for the schematic near the back of your Jacuzzi manual and you'll see it.  The pins/jumpers were located at the extreme upper right hand side of my spa control panel.

vortmaximum

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »
Much thanks!  I don't see the diagram with the on-line manual, will have to check the one that comes with the tub.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:49:24 pm by vortmaximum »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:15 pm »
I just got my J-365 filled/started on Saturday.  My dealer had me unscrew the top of each filter cartridge and put the water hose in there for 5 mins each to start the filling.  I'm using aqua finesse for my chems and that couldn't have been easier.  I added 7 oz. of aqua finesse, and placed the small chlorine tablet bottle in the skimmer bag.  Fired it up and all is good so far.  Water is crystal clear and I've used the tub several times.  Lastly, the dealer recommended that I rinse the two filters every other day for the first week, then weekly.

You do NOT need to rinse your filters anywhere NEAR that frequently.  Once every 3 months is PLENTY unless that treatment system you mentioned generates more "junk".  I use di-chlor only and once every 3 months is more than fine on a Jacuzzi branded tub.  I haven't even had to replace my filters yet and I've had it some 7 or 8 years now...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:04:35 am »
Lastly, the dealer recommended that I rinse the two filters every other day for the first week, then weekly.

I've never seen that before, but I can see merit in that. In kind of fits in with Chas' law.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:04:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42