What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas  (Read 3311 times)

cappykat

Cal Spas
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »
I used to be on here all the time.  I haven't visited in quite a while.  My brother is wanting to purchase a hot-tub and is looking at Cal Spas.  I don't know which model but he got a price of $6200.  I searched for some reviews on here and most were not the best.  Anyone have any experience with Cal Spas and can give me an opinion/advice? 
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spas
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »

castletonia

Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:50 pm »
As a former dealer, I can say our experience was not that good.  Our issues with the company have been getting parts in a timely manor (some come quick and some take forever), getting paid for warranty work, getting parts covered under warranty (some stuff that should be gets denied and we have to then deal with it).  The reliability has been ok at best.  We have had issues with glue joints, covers, and pump seals leaking and causing the bearings in the motor to go bad quickly.  The 5 year old Cal Spas that we sold always look worse for wear than the 5 year old Saratoga's and Great Lakes we also sold.

I think you can get a better spa for the same money from other companies but at $6200 I think the price could be appropriate depending on which model it is and I'm sure you will get more bang for your buck from Cal.  Make sure the dealer is reputable because his dealer will likely be the difference between a pleasant experience and a bad one as Cal has not cared much about after sale support in my opinion.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:28:38 pm »
i would agree with that , same issues we had....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:30:32 pm »
I would look at the D1 , Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Marquis check out these brands they all have spas in this range,,,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »
I love my CalSpas and it works and looks great after years of use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42