What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSprings "ACE" salt water generator  (Read 29567 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: HotSprings "ACE" salt water generator
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »
Thank you, kindly, to be sure!

Here's the original...it's of me and a friend from high school which I posted on Facebook...turned out pretty good, all in all:

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »

lyncch00

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 11:47:45 am »
The only vendors I see that sell a salt system with their tubs are hot springs and arctic. Thanks for the input.  It was very helpful.   

SuziQ

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »
Does the ACE salt water generator ONLY work on Hot Springs Spas?  We have a 2003 Arctic Cub, and have read poor reviews of Arctic's Onzen system, so we were looking for an alternative.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 03:47:22 pm »
The ACE system also works on LimeLight spas.  :)

http://www.limelighthottubs.com/
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:10 pm »
Does the ACE salt water generator ONLY work on Hot Springs Spas?  We have a 2003 Arctic Cub, and have read poor reviews of Arctic's Onzen system, so we were looking for an alternative.

It will only work on Hot Spring (and some other watkins products) because it needs to be linked to that controller just as the Arctic system wouldn't work on other brands.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wetwater

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »
what is the advantage of this system ive talked to a dealer and they told me $400 every two years for the electrode and the monthly cost of the salt mentioned here $10-$14 and also they said I would need up to three teabags they called them to make the water soft which would cost me another $120 on each fill up.
so wouldn't it be much easier to keep bromine or chlorine in the hot tub and easier than cleaning the sensor every 2 to 4 weeks?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »
what is the advantage of this system ive talked to a dealer and they told me $400 every two years for the electrode and the monthly cost of the salt mentioned here $10-$14 and also they said I would need up to three teabags they called them to make the water soft which would cost me another $120 on each fill up.
so wouldn't it be much easier to keep bromine or chlorine in the hot tub and easier than cleaning the sensor every 2 to 4 weeks?

wrong on all accounts...no dealer that has sold an ACE System would give you any of that info. so thanks for playing Mr. XYZ company rep

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:54:33 pm »
This is a very old thread, and I doubt the OP is still around the forum. However, I would like to point out that you certainly don't have to buy an ACE system to get away from soaking in chlorine. If you use the Freshwater III system which is standard on every HotSpring Highlife Series spa, and an easy option on Limelight Series, along with a N2 cartridge in the filter, you can soak chlorine free. You will need to add chlorine as a shock treatment once a month, or if you entertain a crowd, but otherwise no chlorine. And that chlorine which you DO add once per month is gone in a day or so.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

JRunner01

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:50 am »
I am looking into a HotSpring with ACE.  Seeing a lot of issues with the diamond electrode going bad prematurely and causing all sorts of problems for many customers on one of the other forums.  Many of them there said the HotSpring techs were told to do some sort of workaround for better flow to help the issues but many have said that didn't help any.  Most there are saying to stay clear of it and don't waste the money on it.  Many of them say HotSpring has been good about warranting the part but at some point the warranty will run out and you will be stuck in the same boat having to order new electrodes at every fill up.

Has anything changed lately to help matters improve?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:22:30 am by JRunner01 »

JRunner01

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 11:26:20 am »
This is a very old thread, and I doubt the OP is still around the forum. However, I would like to point out that you certainly don't have to buy an ACE system to get away from soaking in chlorine. If you use the Freshwater III system which is standard on every HotSpring Highlife Series spa, and an easy option on Limelight Series, along with a N2 cartridge in the filter, you can soak chlorine free. You will need to add chlorine as a shock treatment once a month, or if you entertain a crowd, but otherwise no chlorine. And that chlorine which you DO add once per month is gone in a day or so.

HTH

8)

Is that N2 cartridge the "FreshWaterAg+® Continuous Silver Ion Purifier" ?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »
Yes. It is just like the yellow ones you can buy online, however, it has a slightly larger shoulder so it fits perfectly into the core of one of the filters in a HotSpring - or other Watkins tub.

I sell them for around $30 each, and they are good for four months. That, by the way, is a good interval for water changes if you are running the Freshwater III ozone system.

The ACE system can stretch out the water change interval by quite a bit.

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 04:34:18 pm »
I am looking into a HotSpring with ACE.  Seeing a lot of issues with the diamond electrode going bad prematurely and causing all sorts of problems for many customers on one of the other forums.  Many of them there said the HotSpring techs were told to do some sort of workaround for better flow to help the issues but many have said that didn't help any.  Most there are saying to stay clear of it and don't waste the money on it.  Many of them say HotSpring has been good about warranting the part but at some point the warranty will run out and you will be stuck in the same boat having to order new electrodes at every fill up.

the "update" you referenced was a loooong time ago, since then the service numbers direct from the factory have "flip flopped" for the good, system works very well now and the people who have bought the system in the last year (since all updates) have been happy with it based on what I'm seeing..fyi we sell a lot of them...I hope everything continues smoothly moving forward

JRunner01

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »

the "update" you referenced was a loooong time ago, since then the service numbers direct from the factory have "flip flopped" for the good, system works very well now and the people who have bought the system in the last year (since all updates) have been happy with it based on what I'm seeing..fyi we sell a lot of them...I hope everything continues smoothly moving forward

Thanks for the reply.  If I were to buy a new one today, but a floor model from 2013, is there anyway I'd know if it had the latest updates to account for all the issues previously found?  Is there a build date I need to go by or just the fact that its a 2013 floor model is sufficient to know its got the right updates?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  If I were to buy a new one today, but a floor model from 2013, is there anyway I'd know if it had the latest updates to account for all the issues previously found?  Is there a build date I need to go by or just the fact that its a 2013 floor model is sufficient to know its got the right updates?

anything from 2013 will be good to go with newest equipment, if you decide to go that route and have any other questions just let me know...approx 65% of ACE capable tubs we sell are being sold with the system so I have quite a bit of experience with it

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 10:20:34 am »

That si silly.  Even when things were at their worst, folks were not changing cells with every fill up.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 10:20:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42