What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting a fair price  (Read 3900 times)

abarts

getting a fair price
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »
What is the best way to get the best price on a hot tub. I get the feeling it's like negotiating a car purchase, they start with a list price and then throw in a few freebies. What is the norm for supposed freebies? I hear it is a buyers market, but the salesmen talk like they are really selling product. I am going to buy either a HS Vanguard or a J-365. Whats a fair price with ozone, medium quality cover and steps?

Hot Tub Forum

getting a fair price
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »

CA_Strom

Re: getting a fair price
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:24:59 am »
To give you an idea on pricing, I just bought a Jacuzzi J-365 4 weeks ago.  My price before sales tax was $7712.  This included J-365, cover, steps, cover lifter, one month chemical supply (aqua essence), delivery/set-up ($300 including having the dealer do the final electrical connection), ozonator, and changing the main tub light to an additional LED.  Price seemed fair to me, and I like the dealer I purchased from.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:45:09 am by CA_Strom »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
What is the best way to get the best price on a hot tub. I get the feeling it's like negotiating a car purchase, they start with a list price and then throw in a few freebies. What is the norm for supposed freebies? I hear it is a buyers market, but the salesmen talk like they are really selling product. I am going to buy either a HS Vanguard or a J-365. Whats a fair price with ozone, medium quality cover and steps?

There are no such things as "freebies"; they are really just things they will "include in the price". If you get a price and later they are willing to add something for "free" it's because there was still some wiggle room. If they won't add something for "free" its often an indicator that you're getting/gotten to their true bottom line price good price and they don't feel they can add more so sometimes its refreshing when they say they can't add it in because you get the feeling like maybe that price really is their best price.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jet Sitter

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:35:24 pm »
Just be aware that prices can vary greatly.  CA Strom got a great price on his 365.  My dealer would not come anywhere near that price.  The best I could get was about 8800 before tax plus extra cost for steps and cover lifter.  The best I could get for a 345 was 7200 plus extra for steps and lifter.  Believe me, I tried to get them lower, knowing how much less others were paying elesewhere, and I usually do pretty well in such negotiations.

In the end I bought a different tub from a differnt manufacturer and different dealer.  Your chances of getting a good value are better if there is more than one tub that can make you happy.

abarts

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »
Thanks for the input. I live in Abq New Mexico, I don't know if that makes the tubs more or less.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42