What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ordered J-470  (Read 6937 times)

vortmaximum

Ordered J-470
« on: June 05, 2010, 03:31:49 pm »
May 1st.  Still waiting for the delivery.  How long does it typically take for a tub to be made and shipped?    (In upstate ny)

Hot Tub Forum

Ordered J-470
« on: June 05, 2010, 03:31:49 pm »

firemedic

Re: Ordered J-470
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 06:50:13 pm »
Can't really answer your question as I bought an in-stock J470.  But I can certainly say, it will be worth the wait.  It's a fabulous spa, congrats on the purchase!   :)

CA_Strom

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:11:08 am »
I ordered a new J-365 three weeks ago from my local dealer.  I was told to expect my spa in 4 weeks, maybe 3 weeks depending on their production schedule.  It might help that my dealer and my house are only about 2 miles away from Jacuzzi's factory in Chino CA.  Not a lot of shipping time to move the spa down the street..... ;D

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 12:28:06 am »
It doesn't take long, but many times, dealers will wait until they have a certain number of spas to order before placing their order.  If they can fill a truck, their freight costs go down significantly.  Ask your dealer if he has actually placed the order with Jacuzzi and what their expected ship date is.  Jacuzzi dealers could answer better on lead times, but I bet they're not out this far on deliveries.

On the other side, if they just order one, the manufacturer might wait until they can fill a truck in your part of the country.  They can't really just ship one hot tub on a random carrier.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

vortmaximum

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 09:57:19 am »
Thanks all.  Sounds about right van.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »
Mine took 6 weeks
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

vortmaximum

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:02 am »
Is Jacuzzi swamped with orders?  My dealer informs me that many people have purchased Jacuzzis over the past several weeks and Jacuzzi is taking loner to fill orders do to a high demand.  I suppose this make sense as the economy was not doing good so inventory would be down.   Getiing anxious!  This Saturday will be 6 weeks post purchase, not coming this week, maybe next week........

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:02:30 am »
I hate to say this, but it sounds like a story to me. :'(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

vortmaximum

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 10:19:57 am »
That's what I'm thinking.  I think they held my order for 2-3 weeks until they had a bunch.  I was informed my order was placed.  Need to find out when it was placed.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:06:12 am »
That's what I'm thinking.  I think they held my order for 2-3 weeks until they had a bunch.  I was informed my order was placed.  Need to find out when it was placed.

The original story has holes. Your theory makes some sense.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

CA_Strom

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:57 am »
Is Jacuzzi swamped with orders?  My dealer informs me that many people have purchased Jacuzzis over the past several weeks and Jacuzzi is taking loner to fill orders do to a high demand.  I suppose this make sense as the economy was not doing good so inventory would be down.   Getiing anxious!  This Saturday will be 6 weeks post purchase, not coming this week, maybe next week........

I ordered my J-365 on 5/12/10, late in the day, and I assume the dealer placed the order the next day, 5/13.  I just got a call yesterday saying the spa is done, and they're picking it up at Jacuzzi Friday for my install.  That's a day short of 4 weeks start to finish.  Since I'm local to Jacuzzi, no waiting for shipping, so I'd say any delay past 4 weeks is due to your dealer batching orders or shipping delays.

vortmaximum

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:21:25 pm »
Thanks CA

vortmaximum

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:29:52 pm »
Did some more research.  Called my dealer Ace swim and leisure in ny and they again put the issue with Jacuzzi getting swamped in early May and orders taking longer to fill.  Sooo, spoke with Jacuzzi.  According to Jacuzzi, Jacuzzi is not swamped with orders.  Dealer was waiting for a full truck.  (Which is fine, I can understand that, but don't give me bullshit)  Be honest up front.  Not a good way to start a business relationship.   Jacuzzi says order is filled and ready to ship, but may take another 2-3 weeks depending on when dealer finishes up paper work. 

Sounds like end of June/early July for a tub I purchased May 1st.  I hate bullshit. 

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 04:05:11 pm »
If they lie to you now, they're gonna lie to you later.  If anyone in the spa industry tells you that they are "swamped", they has got the fidgets, fo' sho'!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jet Sitter

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »
I ordered a tub recently and when the dealer and I were discussing price I said that i was not in a big hurry and if it helped to wait a bit so they could pool shipping with other orders that was fine with me.  They said it would help keep shipping costs down on the spa.  We agreed to a price and they placed the order but it is on hold with the factory in case they have any other orders in the next few weeks.  In the meantime, i have work to do to get ready for the tub.  If I have to wait a couple of extra weeks after the work is done, i don't mind - we have been looking at tubs for a long time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42