What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who loves/hates black shells?  (Read 3875 times)

Pauly79

Who loves/hates black shells?
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:57 am »
I've been considering a black shell for a new Sundance or Jacuzzi.  I've been told that the black shows water spots, and that I'd end up having to be constantly cleaning it.  Anyone had any positive or negative experiences with a black tub?

The alternative to black would be the smooth finish (pearlized, if you will) in either white or silver/grey.  Anyone have any issues with these non-textured finishes scratching, marking or otherwise becoming less nice looking over time?

Hot Tub Forum

Who loves/hates black shells?
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:57 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Who loves/hates black shells?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
I love the pearl for its shine and I think it gives the best effects with the LED lighting.  I'll look forward to what others say about black.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
Black looks good empty.  I had one filled on my floor with a black marble shell and it showed water spots and had a white line at the water level from both chemical and water evaporation.  I wiped it down daily to maintain a good appearance.  I personally like a white pearl color because LED lighting reflects well off of it and because water spots are less noticeable. 

honeypot

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:47:02 am »
I just got a tub delivered with the white pearl interior and I love it.  The lights show beautifully AND it looks refreshing and inviting.  Also, if there are problems with the water, I want to be able to see it.

Personally, the thought of getting in a black tub turns me off.   :P

pam aka honeypot

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:45:00 am »
Personally, I prefer the lighter shells.  To me, black is just too dark.  Just like a black car, they look great until you start getting any kind of dirt or water spots.  Plus, as has been said, the LED lighting looks so much better with light shell.  You just don't get the effect of the colors with a black shell.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

firemedic

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »
My preference is the lighter colors too.  Mine is Opal with silverwood cabinet.  Looks awesome to me.  Like others have suggested, if lighting is important to you, go with a light color.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »
I had a customer order a HotSpring Prodigy with a Graphite shell with Redwood Cabinet. I thought it was gonna look horrible but it was surprisingly a very nice combo.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42