What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-365 (or J-375) versus Sundance Chelsea  (Read 8716 times)

Pauly79

Jacuzzi J-365 (or J-375) versus Sundance Chelsea
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »
Of the spas I was considering, here's my history:
D1 - dealer is too far (approx 1hr drive), and apparently not very supportive;
Hot Springs - I don't like any of their layouts!

Of the other spas, I'm down to Jacuzzi and Sundance.  Both seem to have great dealers in my area.

I tested the J-480 and thought it was great.  Great jet action, and I while I'm not entirely sold on the lounger idea, I like how the Jacuzzi's manage to get the lounger in while maintaining three other corner seats (unlike the Sundance Hamilton which, if you have 4 people in, 3 of them are likely to sit in a row on one side which doesn't make for great conversation).

So, I'm considering the J-365 (or 375 if I decide on the lounger), but I'm not entirely sure about the difference in jet action between the 300 and 400 series.  Does anyone have any feedback on the differences between the 480 and the 365 (or 375)?  My dealer doesn't have a 300 series set up to wet test (although they have one on the floor, so I may ask if they can set it up for a wet test).  I'm hoping I can get some commentary on whether or not there's a significant difference in the jet action from 400 series down to 300 series.

As for Sundance, I tried both the Optima and the Chelsea, and I've gotta say, I couldn't feel much of a difference.  Actually, I found it harder to get all four seats to have simultaneously high pressure in the Optima.  It seemed like there was always at least one seat that would have really poor pressure (and this was with all pumps active).  When set up with the pressure more evenly distributed, it seemed like the Chelsea had seats with different pressure, but all four main seats still had very good pressure at worst.  (I also tried the Maxxus, and it was easy to get full pressure in all four seats, but its way to big for my spot).

Also, any guidance on fair pricing for the 365/375 versus the Chelsea is appreciated!  Are dealers able to negotiate good pricing discounts or is it typically just a 'we'll throw in a cover and stereo, and an extra bathing suit someone left in the changeroom' type bargaining process?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-365 (or J-375) versus Sundance Chelsea
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Jacuzzi J-365 (or J-375) versus Sundance Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:34:38 pm »
You CAN get decent discounts but the deciding factor will be the original "asking price" so post what kind of price you dealer is asking for the 365 and 375 and let some of the guys on here guide you as to if that is too high or too low.  Not certain about the chelsea as it was not an option when I bought my 370 in '03.  It is the same size and style as the newer 375 (I believe) and I paid $6,500 for it new at the time with stereo.  A comparable price now-a-days would probably be around $8,500.  However, it is common to see many paying as much as $10K for the same thing others might pay $8,500 so some of that depends on your actual market.

Another regular on the forum helped his brother buy a 470 for $10K (with stereo) so that might give you a good idea of $'s.  The 300-series do not have all the chrome and a few other things the 400-series have and they are generally a couple thousand more for the same size.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:38:03 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Pauly79

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:54:40 am »
Both the Chelsea and the 375/365 have asking prices of about $9500 (Canadian), with no extras.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:54:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42