What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Hot Tub Decisions  (Read 12475 times)

Mike Lambert

Re: First Hot Tub Decisions
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »
It's official, we put money down on it last night.  Since it is a floor model they said they could deliver it within 2 weeks.  Too bad I need to build a patio first.  Anyone here have their spa on pavers instead of concrete slab?  Thoughts, opinions?  We might put a gazebo or pergola over it someday so I'm leaning towards a slab so I don't have to worry about footings, but man is it expensive.

Thanks to you all for helping me with my questions and concerns.

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 04:50:06 pm »
If you're going to get a gazebo later a slab is the way to go, as gazebos need a flat level surface.  Talk to the dealer.  Make sure it wont void the warranty to put the tub on pavers, but it may not. 

Just and FYI with an Arctic Spa's forever floor you can put the spa right on the grass/dirt/pavers or any flat level surface. 

Good luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 06:08:41 pm »
It's official, we put money down on it last night.  Since it is a floor model they said they could deliver it within 2 weeks.  Too bad I need to build a patio first.  Anyone here have their spa on pavers instead of concrete slab?  Thoughts, opinions?  We might put a gazebo or pergola over it someday so I'm leaning towards a slab so I don't have to worry about footings, but man is it expensive.

Thanks to you all for helping me with my questions and concerns.

Mike

Certainly a concrete pad is best and its not an arm and a leg but its not $50 either. As long as the ground is prepared well pavers work fine IMO as does a simple frame made of PT wood, painted black and filled with pea gravel (IMO).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mike Lambert

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11:04 am »
So far I only got back one quote but it was for $760 for a 9' x 9' x 5" slab.  That's over $9 a square foot.  I was expecting a lot less, maybe $3 or $4 per square foot.  I guess I'll wait and see what the others come in at.

The dealer has confirmed that pavers would work but I would really prefer the slab for the future gazebo. 

Water Boy

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 08:25:07 am »
So far I only got back one quote but it was for $760 for a 9' x 9' x 5" slab.  That's over $9 a square foot.  I was expecting a lot less, maybe $3 or $4 per square foot.  I guess I'll wait and see what the others come in at.

The dealer has confirmed that pavers would work but I would really prefer the slab for the future gazebo. 

That looks like a pretty good price imo. I doubt you would find any cheaper than that.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Vanguard

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 09:06:44 am »

Problem is you run into minimum sizes.  It costs the contractor just as much in labor and and minimum concrete prices for a 9x9 as it might for a larger pad.  You should ask about minimums.  If you are below his minimum, then maybe there is something else you could do to get to his minimum.  Say, like add a walkway.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »

Problem is you run into minimum sizes.  It costs the contractor just as much in labor and and minimum concrete prices for a 9x9 as it might for a larger pad.  You should ask about minimums.  If you are below his minimum, then maybe there is something else you could do to get to his minimum.  Say, like add a walkway.

The contractor I called basically confirmed this.  He did give me a substancial break in price if I could have a 2 week delivery window and he would add me onto another job that would come up, which he did and I still had the pad down in time for the tub.  My slab is 10' x 10 ft, can't remember now if I went 4 or 5" deep.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42