What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: high temperature readout  (Read 3844 times)

just ducky

high temperature readout
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »
I have a Jacuzzi 345, and I've only had the tub about a year, but I've never seen this happen before.  I was doing my normal weekly maintenance yesterday, and I popped off the cover, and the readout read 106...I normally keep the temp set at 100.  We finally got some spring here in Michigan, and it got up to around 80, but it's gotten hotter than that last summer.  Honestly in the year I've owned the tub, I've never seen the readout go over 104.  In fact, I didn't think it could.  In reading the manual, it says if it gets too hot, there will be an "OH" message on the readout.  Since there wasn't that, and it just read 106, I was confused.  So I just removed the cover, and let it breathe for a while.  It's finally back down around the 100 degree setting.

My question is, is it normal to have a 5 or 6 degree fluxuation in temp?  Like I said, throughout the year I've owned it, I've never seen it vary that far from the set temp (100).  Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

high temperature readout
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: high temperature readout
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:35:25 am »
I'll be curious to see what the Jacuzzi people say, but that sounds extreme. I'm not that far from you and in the hottest weather my tub never goes more than 2 degrees above the set point.  That is with the sun beating down and temps in the hi 90s.  This sounds extremee.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:48:03 am »
The OH code will not come up till it gets to 112F, check your filter cycles and see if they are set for a lot of hours. I doubt it is filter cycle run time but good to check regardless.

Check your pump to make sure it still runs on low and high speed, you could have an issue were it will only run on high speed and that will overheat the water.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »
 6* is quite a change, I would keep an eye on it and see what happens.  Probably be fine.

just ducky

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:12:49 pm »
Really strange.  Ever since that 106 degree readout, and opening it up for a while to let the temp drop, it's been within a degree or two of 100 where I have it set at.  So color me confused???

Thanks for clarifying though about the "OH" readout thing.  I never really thought about it until I had the 106 readout and reviewed the manual.  112 degrees???  Man, I would think it would be unpleasant to jump in if it were 108, 110 etc. too.  Hope I never have to find out  :o

rckymtntim

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:46 am »
 I had the same problem with my Marquis spa. I was told to change my cycling times to cooler times of the day. My 2 hour cycle now runs at 6:00am and 6:00pm. After that change last summer I never had the problem again.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:33 am »
I had the same problem with my Marquis spa. I was told to change my cycling times to cooler times of the day. My 2 hour cycle now runs at 6:00am and 6:00pm. After that change last summer I never had the problem again.

That was a good thought, I didn't consider that.  On my tub in order to change when the filter cycles are, I would have to power as the cycles run based on when it is powered up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42