What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions decisions.....Jacuzzi 480/470 Sundance Optima/Maxxus  (Read 17301 times)

spasearcher

Need some advice,

I've been researching for a while and have narrowed my search to Sundance/Jacuzzi (same company I know). The models in particular are the Jacuzzi J-480/470 and the Sundance Optima & Maxxus 800-series. I've started to wet-test (so far have been in both Jacuzzi models mentioned) and I'm going to try Sundance spas this weekend. The Maxxus looks BIG and I'm not sure I need all that extra space (just me/wife and 5 yr old daughter). I really like the Jacuzzi dealer - got a good vibe from the 2 owners, they are really hands-on. I'm still not sure if I want/need the lounger option - kinda on the fence..I know its personal preference but would appreciate input if possible.  I can get the Maxxus (2009) clearance model with stereo in the colour combo I like for $700 less than the Jacuzzi J-480 (2010). Fyi prices (tx included) are $14800 for the Maxxus (all included with cover lifter) and $15500 for the Jacuzzi J-480 and $14500 for the Jacuzzi J-470 (all included with cover lifter) and the Optima is $12200 cheapest option - all include the newer JBL Audio system which I'd like to have. Planning on making a decision soon any comments/advice would be appreciated since I'm new to this....

Thx. ???

Hot Tub Forum

spasearcher

Re: Decisions decisions.....Jacuzzi 480/470 Sundance Optima/Maxxus
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »
I forgot to mention I'm Canadian so these are Canadian prices.... ::)

paul1970

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »
where is Your dealer(city,province) THX

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:52 am »
I'm still not sure if I want/need the lounger option - kinda on the fence..I know its personal preference but would appreciate input if possible.  

Here's some goo advice relative to the lounge, only get it if you are sure you want it. Being on the fence to me should be enough to kill it. Here is some even better advice, its always best to wet test before you buy but if there is a lounge involved its doubly important to test and know if it works for you; don't find that out in your back yard. I'd personally skip getting a lounge unless you truly want it and feel it'll work for you.

I'm glad you added the part about those being Canadian prices because I was floored by how high they were before that important bit of info (most of us tend to think U$ unless our brains are specifically told otherwise). Personally for my use I've never been a fan of the Maxxus because for a spa that big it really only seats 4 people due to its layout. However, in your case with 3 people in the family that's not an issue as it is with many owners who buy big spas like that because they have 5+ people that they see using it. In the end those prices are pretty similar except with the Optima where you can get a good spa and even pocket some $ (especially on future cover needs since its the only one of your 4 that uses a standard cover, get quotes for future info on what cover replacement would be between the 4). Think about which of those spas you TRULY want and go for it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

headnsouth

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »
So, which spa did u get? We also looked at the Sundance.

We went and looked at the J480 today and man is it nice. We were quoted a price of 13k out the door/delivered and installed. That's with the stereo, cover, start up kit, ozone gen, steps and a covermate. It's hard to get a feel for what these things run. Are we over paying? Thx. Going for a wet test tomorrow.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »
Are you also talking Canadian $$$?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

headnsouth

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:15 pm »
no american dollar

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 07:48:01 am »
If you do go with a 6 person or larger spa, go ahead with the lounger. Its usually just my wife and I in our 6 person spa and the lounger is the least used seat, but we still have plenty of room.  On the rare occasion I go out by myself, I use the lounger and I'm glad its there.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

headnsouth

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »
we did go with the lounger even after all i read abt not needing it. same situation here, just the wifey and I.
it'll be nice to have it when u need it.

I got my electric installed today. :)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 12:55:03 am »
I have had my J-470 for near three years and have enjoyed it near daily. I tried the same models you did and decided on my
J-470. If I had to do it again today I would still make the same choice.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:27:31 pm »
I have a Sundance Cameo, which is basically the Optima with a lounger.  I absolutely love the lounger, which is why we chose it over the Optima!  My wife not so much because she floats out of the lounger, but she likes the other seats so no problem.  The important thing was the wet test so you know.  Everyone is different.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 09:53:37 pm »
I wanted a lounger until I wet test one and found that I had trouble staying in it. Money was not an issue when I bought my tub and the J-470 was the perfect fit then and now. Another tub that I liked was the BullFrogs but they were to short for my long torso. So in the end it was Sundance and Jacuzzi. I liked how the Jacuzzi inserts the air in the jets. With Sundance the air was separate holes. Good luck. I had a blast and took 6 months of wet testing before I decided.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 12:54:36 am »
Need some advice,
Fyi prices (tx included) are $14800 for the Maxxus (all included with cover lifter) and $15500 for the Jacuzzi J-480 and $14500 for the Jacuzzi J-470 (all included with cover lifter) and the Optima is $12200 cheapest option - all include the newer JBL Audio system which I'd like to have. Planning on making a decision soon any comments/advice would be appreciated since I'm new to this....

Thx. ???

wholly crap batman, those prices are WAY overpriced.  You can get the 470's for $10K all day long pretty much ANYWHERE.  The Maxxus are simply too DEEP for the majority of women to enjoy...

PS - I paid $6,500 for my J-370 some 7 years ago.  I know there have been increases over the years but the prices you have stated are basically RETAIL and NOBODY charges retail as they know they can not get away with it in most all markets.

You guys DO realize that this was originally posted over 7 months ago, right? Pretty certain the OP already made a decision.  Hopefully he didn't get "taken to the cleaners".
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:59:46 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

headnsouth

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 11:50:14 am »

[/quote]

wholly crap batman, those prices are WAY overpriced.  You can get the 470's for $10K all day long pretty much ANYWHERE.  The Maxxus are simply too DEEP for the majority of women to enjoy...

PS - I paid $6,500 for my J-370 some 7 years ago.  I know there have been increases over the years but the prices you have stated are basically RETAIL and NOBODY charges retail as they know they can not get away with it in most all markets.

You guys DO realize that this was originally posted over 7 months ago, right? Pretty certain the OP already made a decision.  Hopefully he didn't get "taken to the cleaners".
[/quote]
What kind of prices are you talking about for a 480 with stereo, cover,cover caddy, steps, installed, delivered and ozinator?

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 11:18:37 pm »
wholly crap batman, those prices are WAY overpriced.  You can get the 470's for $10K all day long pretty much ANYWHERE.

What kind of prices are you talking about for a 480 with stereo, cover,cover caddy, steps, installed, delivered and ozinator?

There are a number here and other internet sites that show people buying them recently around the $10,500 figure with the stereo FWIW.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 11:18:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42