What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Figuring out the Control Panel on my 2000 Arctic Cub  (Read 4274 times)

paxthar

Figuring out the Control Panel on my 2000 Arctic Cub
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:21 am »
FINALLY got my tub all installed and ready to go. Despite many setbacks with the wiring it is done!! So now I am trying to figure out my control panel. It is an Arctic Spa pad. I think I have everything kinda figured out except for a couple buttons. The blower button doesn't seem to do anything with the water when I press it, it shows on the pad display that it is working in both low and high speed. But where or what should I see as a result of pressing this button? The other issue is my pump #1 button seems to only work in high speed, when I press it once, the little triangle on the display pad comes on above the pump one icon, when I press it a second time the pump shuts off, I was pretty sure that it was a two speed pump, maybe I am mistaken. The second pump button, when I press it once, starts the pump on low speed, the little triangle blinks above the pump #2 icon and a second press kicks the second pump into high speed, and the triangle stays on and doesn't blink. Is there anyway to tell if pump #1 is a 2 speed pump or not?

Thanks in advance for help!!

Now the tough part, waiting for the water to warm up!! 

Hot Tub Forum

Figuring out the Control Panel on my 2000 Arctic Cub
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:21 am »

Water Boy

Re: Figuring out the Control Panel on my 2000 Arctic Cub
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:35 am »
Hi Paxthar. Congrats on finally getting it wired up and ready to go. I am guessing that your pump one is a two speed pump. Here is probably what is happening. When your spa is heating or filtering the water, most likely pump one is running on low speed. So, when you hit one it will just go to high speed, then when you hit it again it will turn off. After the spa get warmed up, you might try it again. Also, in regards to the blower, are you sure that your spa has a blower? I know that sounds like a silly question, but all of the Arctic topside have the blower button even if you don't have a blower on the spa. So, you might double check that. If you do have a blower, you might check to make sure that the blower cord is plugged into the control pack. Sometimes those could get lose when you wire or move the spa. Try those things out and let me know what happens.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

paxthar

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:53:56 am »
Thanks Beer Man!!  I will give those things a try and get back to you.  I am not sure if this tub even has a blower, I remember looking at the connections on the side of the control box and not seeing a connection for a blower, even though the sticker was there.  It may very well be that there isn't one.  And this may be a stupid question but what exactly does a blower do?

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:13:37 am »
Sounds like you don't have a blower. The sticker will still be there on the pack as well, even if there isn't one installed. A blower just simply adds more air to the spa, and lots of it. It really get the water to bubbling. Some people like it as it is a softer massage then the water jets. Also, in the Arctic Spas they tie in the aromatherapy with the blower, so you can add your favorite scent to the spa. That is it in a nutshell. Sounds like we got one problem figured out! ;)

paxthar

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »
Well then that is even more weird cause I do have a little cap on the tub that is marked Scent Sensations, or something like that.  It is for aromatherapy I am assuming.  Do you need to have a blower to use the aromatherapy?  You were right about pump number one, it was working just fine today, it must of been on a filter cycle like you said.

Thanks again!!

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »
I am pretty sure on the old Arctics that they installed the Aromatherapy cap even if there wasn't a blower installed. You can still have aromatherapy though by using products such as Insparation or Spazaz. Those products just go right in the water. Dont over use them though as they can cause the water to foam up a bit. Good to hear on pump one!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:44:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42