What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Prodigy depth - outside measurement is 33"  (Read 6107 times)

JWB

Hot Springs Prodigy depth - outside measurement is 33"
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:54:52 am »
Hello - excellent site! - and thank you for accepting my membership.
I am in the market for our first hot tub and have been researching for about 1 month now.
I am concerned about the depth of the tub. I have limited space on my patio, so I am looking for tub with a smaller "foot print" than most.
The Hot Springs Jettsetter and Prodigy would fit nicely, but I am really concerned about the depths.
http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/spa_model_prodigy.html
I have been told by several tub owners that it is very important to have a deep enough tub to cover your shoulders when sitting in the tubs seats without have to crouch down and be uncomfortable. The issue I am running into is the smaller foot print tubs are 33" deep (outside measurement) max. The Jetsetter is 29!! I am 6 foot and my wife is 5' 10".
I would greatly appreciate any input / opinions on this and maybe some suggestions on other brands that are similar in size, reliability, and have the depth I am looking for.
Also, I have read a LOT of reviews on Hot Springs Spas and the they seem to be rated in the 4 to 5 star area most of the time. When I do see the 1 or 2 star ratings, it is usually due to leaks. Any advice or input on this would also be appreciated.
Many thanks - JWB

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Prodigy depth - outside measurement is 33"
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:54:52 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Hot Springs Prodigy depth - outside measurement is 33"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:43:51 pm »
It's not the overall depth of the spa, but how deep the seats are below the water level. A 26" deep spa would cover most people to their necks with water, if there were no benches and they sat on the floor.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:07:10 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

For what it's worth, I have a customer who is 6'8" and his wife is 6'1".  They have had a Jetsetter for 8 years and it fits them perfectly, and their spa was purchased when the Jetsetter measured 6'10" x 5'2" x 29"....ya'll should be fine.

Good luck with your shopping...enjoy!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

JWB

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:29:22 am »
Thank you - we finally found local dealer who did have both the Jetetter and the Prodigy on site.
I sat in both and they estimated where the water level would / should be and in the full lounge seat and it puts the water at top of shoulder level or even at the neck.
I would like to add that I have tried a few different units (mostly family and friends), but never felt anything like the Moto-Massage.
That makes that lounge seat in that tub, in a word, AWESOME!
Hot Springs offers it in the Jetsetter and other models, but not in the Prodigy for some reason.
We are sold on the Jetsetter.
Thanks again for the input / opinions.
JWB

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52:08 pm »
Jetsetter and Vanguard are our 2 biggest sellers. 

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42