What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

Which would you choose and any problems?

Hot Spot Relay $5500
2 (16.7%)
Hot Spot Tempo $6500
4 (33.3%)
Marquis Everyday545 $5500
2 (16.7%)
Marquis Everyday660 $6500
3 (25%)
Costco (Evolution CSXi80)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Lower End Marquis (Everyday) vs Hot Spring (Hot Spot)  (Read 15097 times)

toddyosh

Lower End Marquis (Everyday) vs Hot Spring (Hot Spot)
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »
I am looking for a hot tub for my house and have done some research but would like a more unbiased opinion rather than some salesman.  I have been looking at multiple manufacturers and different lines.  My budget is $6500.  I would like to get the larger 6" more room in the hot tub, but don't know if it is really worth the extra $1000. 

http://www.hotspothottubs.com/
http://www.marquisspas.com/showroom_everyday_hot_tubs_spas.asp

Please feel free to vote and comment. 

THANKS!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Lower End Marquis (Everyday) vs Hot Spring (Hot Spot)
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Lower End Marquis (Everyday) vs Hot Spring (Hot Spot)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24:46 pm »
 Neither,  Jacuzzi J-280

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:00:39 pm »
Neither,  Jacuzzi J-280

LOL, I knew someone wouldn't be able to stay on task on this one but that was quick lol.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

honeypot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »
Hello.

I just purchased the Hot Spot Tempo.  The company that makes Hot Spring and Hot Spot (Watkins, I believe) has a very good reputation on this forum and in general. 

I wouldn't buy a hot tub from Costco.  The best advice I have been given is to make sure that whatever tub you buy is from a reliable dealer.  You will most likely have trouble at some point with the tub and want someone who will be there.

Hope this helps!

toddyosh

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:42:08 pm »
I think I am going with the Marquis Everyday660.  I got a great deal for $5850 for almost everything!!!

Any opinions before I make the leap?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:15:12 pm »
I think I am going with the Marquis Everyday660.  I got a great deal for $5850 for almost everything!!!

Enjoy it!   We love pics.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:29 am »
For what its worth, depending on where you live, you should be able to get a Relay for the same or less, "with almost everything."
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 12:35:15 pm »
I can only offer that my experience with Marquis has been excellent. The warranty, the service and the tub itself. I think you will be pleased with your purchase.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 12:55:12 pm »
I think I am going with the Marquis Everyday660.  I got a great deal for $5850 for almost everything!!!

To my knowledge all Marquis were fully foamed so I was surprised to see that the Everyday line of spas are not fully foamed, though it is an option you can chose (see optional features at bottom of linked page below).

http://www.marquisspas.com/pressroom/documents/2010/2010EDHTsalessheet.pdf

I know the reason its built without fully foaming it is to help keep the price down but I'm surprised they build them both ways as IMO it muddies the message a bit. I'd check with the dealer and see if that is already factored into the price so you're comparing apples to apples. I personally would definitely take the option to fully insulate it if it's not already included in your package, it'll cost you more up front but you'll get your money back in energy savings. The other thing I might ask about is the cover; it shows it using a 1 lb density foam core. For larger spas I'd want at least 1.5lb (the higher end Epic is the same size spas but has 2lb) and not just for insulation purposes but also for structure because over time they can sag and 1 lb seems pretty light for larger spas IMO. I'd at least see what my options are.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:52:04 pm by Spatech_tuo »

toddyosh

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »
It is actually the floor model and they said that I cannot add foam.  I am a little bummed, but I am getting a $650 discount for no foam.  Thanks for the question on the cover; Marquis said the cover uses 2 lb insulation.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »
Where are you located? If you are in an area that gets "real" winters..you may want to do a little more investigating. You might find your electric costs could end up being more than the discount for the no foam option. :-\

toddyosh

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »
I live in Oregon.

Any other options to insulate it myself?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:48:18 am »
It is actually the floor model and they said that I cannot add foam.  I am a little bummed, but I am getting a $650 discount for no foam.  Thanks for the question on the cover; Marquis said the cover uses 2 lb insulation.

Personally I wouldn't take a $650 discount for the no foam option because you'll give it back within 1 or 2 years due to higher energy bills, short term gain-long term pain. The website said 1lb density cover, so are they saying that is wrong or are they upgrading yours?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:02:27 am by Spatech_tuo »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54:15 am »
I don't think insulating it yourself is an option. Personally, I don't think I would jump into this deal.  Ask to see other covers. Look at the cover an an Epic and see if the two compare. It doesn't even make sense to me to give you the good cover if you don't have foam in the tub. Something isn't quite right.  ???

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »
I would stick with the insulated tub, you could get and oput in Rozul insulation it is very good stuff, they use it up in Canada and is used in H2o spas , and they do a real good job, but you might see what kind of deal you can get on one from the factory, since they are right there in Salem Oregon, but my vote would be D1 Dream....had top throw in... but Mrquis is a very good company to work with....good luck
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42