What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Sundance Maxxus for $4500  (Read 10309 times)

MikeD

Used Sundance Maxxus for $4500
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:20:56 pm »
Hi All,

I have an opportunity to buy a used Sundance Maxxus, 2006 model, for $4500. It appears to be in good shape. It is a much bigger spa than I wanted, but I have a few questions:

1) Is the price fair for a 2006 model?
2) What has changed on this model since 2006?
3) Does anyone out there have this model? Any likes, dislikes, etc.

Please let me know any feedback.

Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Used Sundance Maxxus for $4500
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:20:56 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Used Sundance Maxxus for $4500
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:09:14 pm »
Hi All,

I have an opportunity to buy a used Sundance Maxxus, 2006 model, for $4500. It appears to be in good shape. It is a much bigger spa than I wanted, but I have a few questions:

1) Is the price fair for a 2006 model?
2) What has changed on this model since 2006?
3) Does anyone out there have this model? Any likes, dislikes, etc.

Please let me know any feedback.

Thank you.

A spa that is 3 to 4 years old being sold by a spa owner I think should sell for 30-40% of its original price (and warranty will not transfer) so I think $4500 for a Maxxus in good shape sounds about right. If it were from a dealer who could test it, fix any issues, replace worn parts and give an in-store warranty I'd expect it to sell for much more.

The Maxxus seems to get good reviews from the people I've seen comment on it. My only issue personal issue with it (meaning it may mean nothing to most people, this is just me) is that as large as it is there are really just 4 seats (and 2 small cool downs spot). Obviously if you don't expect to have more than 4 or 5 in it then its not an issue but I like a more open seated spa that the types with defined seating as this has. The other thing to note is that this is very deep spa which may be good or bad for you depending on your family's heights (my wife would practically drown in this at 5'2"), just understand what you're getting

I don't think much has changed from 2006 on this model. You might want to go check a new one out at the dealer and sit in it to get a good feel for its depth and seating. If its in good shape and you're looking for a 4 to 5 person deep spa then go for it and even if the price seems right, try to negotiate further, all they can do is say no.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:00:32 pm »
Thanks, Spa Tech. I am only 5.4 and the wife is 5.0, so this is probably not the best option for us. We are still looking for a decent deal on a used smaller tub, but when I saw the price for this monster, I thought I would double check. I think I am going to pass. I appreciate the advice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »
Your right, that is an awful big tub for two people and you are probably going to pass, but if you reconsider, does it include a cover?  If so, is it waterlogged?  If it is, it will be VERY heavy so much so that you probably couldn't lift it by yourself and will need replaced and this can be a way to bargain down another 5 or 6 hundred.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42