What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I still your impartial moderator?  (Read 5821 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Am I still your impartial moderator?
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:31:01 pm »
Drove to Erie this weekend, more work on my Mom's estate, though my sister has to do most of it.  All our talking they (my sister and her husband) decided to buy a hot tub.  Well, the only dealer left in Erie is Presque Isle Hot tubs whom sells Hot Springs.   An hour later we left and my sister and her husband are now proud owners, or soon to be , of a 2010 Vanguard.  They looked at every tub in the store, I think they sat in every one. This dealer has one Grandee, but its outside in front of the store, and the Grandee was not on their list anyway. 

After having beein in this forum for 7 years, and hearing you guys talk about the moto-massage, I will finally get to try one. (They are having some tile, or nature stone put down, so it will probably be a month before they get the tub.)  The one they had on the floor had the gray cabinet, but my sister wanted the dark brown one, so they will have it ordered.   I'm not sure when we are coming back here, to try it out, but I'll find a reason. 

I also talked up the forum quite a bit, so maybe we will see the guys from Presque Isle, or my sister and brother in law pop up here.  (If they ask, you all think I'm a great guy)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Am I still your impartial moderator?
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:31:01 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re: Am I still your impartial moderator?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:41:36 am »
I'll probably go to Erie July 4th. Looking forward to trying it out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:36 am »
  Well, the only dealer left in Erie is Presque Isle Hot tubs whom sells Hot Springs.   An hour

Colley's Pools sells Marquis Spas in Erie.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »
  Well, the only dealer left in Erie is Presque Isle Hot tubs whom sells Hot Springs.   An hour

Colley's Pools sells Marquis Spas in Erie.

Now that you mention it, he did say there was a pool company that sold spas, but they were the only full time spa only company in Erie.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:24:17 am »
I will be very interested in your response. Just like any other jet, the Moto is "the perfect, amazing, most wonderful...." jet for some people, and just another jet for others. It is a very good design, and I happen to be a fan, but I will be interested to see your response to the jet.

When you do get to try it, be sure to try both Moto Massage jets in the Vanguard. They are not the same! And take time with it. Since you will not be sitting in a dealer's showroom, you can relax in front of it for a while. Do so. Adjust the air, even try taking the power down a bit with the diverter. At some point the thing will stop moving, because all that drives them is the water flowing out, but there is a certain amount of adjustability.

And then, of course, try all the other jets!! Move the spinners around, try the diverter in various positions, get in front of a "JetStream" jet, have fun!!

;D

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:15 am »
I will be very interested in your response.

I'm looking forward to finally trying one.  They are getting flooring laid this week, so it should be installed shortly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42