What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Tundra LSE - Cost and quality questions  (Read 5847 times)

raptorc5

Arctic Tundra LSE - Cost and quality questions
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »
Hi guys! My mother is 68 and is replacing a 7 year old Hot Springs Sovereign LE that she had many leak issues with (plumbing). She has fallen in love with 2 spas, the D1 Lotus Bay and the Arctic Tundra LSE. The D1 dealer put a hard sell on her and made her nervous so she wants the Arctic. My local dealer won't bugde on price at all. They are at $13,500 plus tax with summer doors and cover lift. That puts it at the same price as the D1. Is this a good deal?

Also I have seen so many issues with owners on various sites. I take this with a grain of salt since happy, content customers don't usually post how happy (I know I don't). BUT have the issues that I have seen with the jets and Onzen been addressed?

Thanks for any input!! This is a huge investment for her as retirement is around the corner. I would rather pass on all brand then see her in another money pit.

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Tundra LSE - Cost and quality questions
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Arctic Tundra LSE - Cost and quality questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »
For a Tundra LSE with a 10 year warranty on parts and labor is a GREAT price, and a bit lower then I would sell. 

I'm an Arctic Spa dealer and yes the jet do not pop out anymore.  The newest style hasn't had an issue since it was introduced that was over 1.5 years!  This has made me much happier as my customers who's jets were warrantied haven't been in with this new style jet. 

The onzen also has resolved it's issues!  This is a great system as I have it in my own tub as well.  My water is lasting almost twice as long as it did with a straight bromine floater.  I don't feel like I have to take a shower when I get out of the tub! 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Happy Tubbin!

raptorc5

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:49 pm »
How about comfort for women? My wife is 5'1" and my mom is about 5'7". I don't want them drowning. Is the seat that has the neck jets too deep for them? She looked at the Summit also, but really likes the Tundra.

raptorc5

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22:35 pm »
The dealer only has the Summit and it doesn't have water or electricity on it. So we only have an idea with the dry Summit model. They are the only dealer in AZ.

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 09:48:34 pm »
The Tundra has 4 seats that are all different heights.  To be sure the only way is to actually sit in the tub.  How did the Summit feel?  The seat with the neck jets pretty deep, just about as deep as the deepest seat in the Summit.  How did she fit in the deep seat in the Summit?  The other jets that are below water are will also massage your neck. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »
Its to bad to hear about the hard sell, But D1 is a great product, i am not a fan of the salt systems, i will take a great ozone system any time.... i can tell you that D1 has been around 1977 out os San Diego area, there customer service is one of the best we have encountered in this industry, i would definetily sit in both brands , but as i say on this sight if you are not buying from a specific dealer don't do it. buy were you are comfortable with....good luck with the spa hunting
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

raptorc5

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 12:52:47 am »
Thanks for all the replies! I really appreciate the info. She ended up getting the Arctic Tundra LSE. She really liked the Summit but the seats leaned too much for her. She ordered the black metallic color. Hope it looks good! Thanks again. Will post when she gets it set up.

Hot Tub Guru

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »
Congrats and Happy Tubbin'

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42