What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance at Costco  (Read 5195 times)

rick_in_cleveland

Sundance at Costco
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »
There I was picking up a few things at Costco Sunday and low and behold there were 2 Sundance tubs 880 series next to the books  I'm not sure if  Costco is carrying it or a local dealer is just using the space.  Has anyone else seen this?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance at Costco
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance at Costco
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:34:29 pm »
  Most likely the local dealer is there, Jacuzzi is suppose to be doing the same thing from what I have heard just don't know when its going to happen.  Just what I need with all the other crap I deal with, is to go sit in a costco store and sling spa's.  ::)

Meanwhile they are still selling OC brand and others I believe on their website. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
i believe they call it the road show, many Costco's will have different brands of products there selling , i think they have to pay a commision to Costco of what they sell. But from time to time in our local Costco we will see some local guys there to sling tubs there....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hottubber1

• hottubbing under the stars...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »
Sundance did set up a program with Costco. I don't think it's a good deal for the dealer doing the show there or local spa dealers in the market.
Sundance is a top notch product and should be left in the premium dealerships that sell and service them. Costco dictates the price, not the dealer or Sundance. The dealer makes less margin on the sale, plus when there is a service need, the dealer is liable as the local service center.
The only winners here are the manufacturer and Costco because they now can align themselves with a quality manufacturer.
I could be wrong, but I also believe they have a 365 day return policy ???. That should bode well for the dealer as well. Could you imagine trading in your new spa on an annual basis because you like the newer color that just came out better than the one you got last year? :o

Hottubber1  8)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:25:19 am »
"The only winners here are the manufacturer and Costco"

and posssibly the consumer....but long term...damaging the dealers and
making the dealers unhappy....can't be good for the company.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:32:23 pm by Zep »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:55:00 am »

The consumer may get a small discount up front but less than stellar service down the road.
Retired

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:41:16 am »
The consumer may get a small discount up front but less than stellar service down the road.

I find it hard to believe Sundance would provide poor service to it's customers,
but you could be right.

VTXMAN

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »

Only if the dealer is a POS, there is a lot of money to be made after the sale and taking care of those folks will help bring in new customers.

Some dealers will just never get it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42