What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! I'm a first time buyer, and I don't know how much I should pay!  (Read 3180 times)

joe4924

I am looking at a L.A. Spa Oasis with 52 jets. My local dealer is giving me a price of about $8000 after tax for tub, delivery, cover and steps. Is this a good price for this spa or any spa that seats 5-6 people? I like my local dealer, I just don't want to end up paying too much and being a first time buyer I have no idea what these tubs should cost.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Help! I'm a first time buyer, and I don't know how much I should pay!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:44:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I do not have an LA Spas dealer in my area,so I haven't looked at them in person, but the price is not out of line for most comparable tubs I have seen.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:59:27 pm »
From my experience LA are low quality spas there are at lot of $8000 spas out there that are better:

Marquis Spas
Hot Springs

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:24 pm »
if you  check around in your area for different brands , check them out, as a newbie you can learn alot from talking to many dealers..if you are comfortable with the L.A Spas and are comfortable with the dealer than go for it. but i would take a look around and see how the different brands compare,, you may also look at D1, Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Marquis to name a few , but by checking into these first hand you can then make the call on which one to buy, quality, design ,dealer, service, etc.. by checking them out will give you enough knowledge to make the right decision for you....welcome to the forum check out some of the older posts to get an idea of what to look for and to help you learn more.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:36:58 pm »
My personal opinion is you can get a much better quality spa for the same price.  Other brands have been mentioned.  If I were you, I'd do some comparison shopping.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

joe4924

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:12:34 am »
Thank you all for the advice, my only problem is, in my immediate area there is  a Baja, L.A. Spa, PDC, and Hot Springs dealer. I personally didn't like the Hot Springs tubs and I wasn't all that fond of the dealer either. I haven't checked out the PDC dealer yet, and I liked the Baja and L.A. Spa dealers. So that brings me to my next question, which is more important, the spa brand or having a good dealer less than 60 miles away?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:46 am »
So that brings me to my next question, which is more important, the spa brand or having a good dealer less than 60 miles away?

I'd want 3 things, a good brand, a good dealer and that dealer within 50 or 60 miles perferrably. Not sure where you are but I personally would recommend Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Marquis and Sundance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42